forum

Mania to Taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Marisa
Hi, I'm a mania main and I have been playing taiko recently, any tips on how to transition to taiko since some people said that taiko is similar to mania but horizontal scrolling
Dementedduck
imo osu taiko is just easier mania considering most people dont even use a proper controller lol
just improve the same as in other modes, playing low to high diffs or focusing things ur bad at
for example i keep missing on blue notes that represent a low note in the song cos for some reason my brain cant stop associating blue with hi hats so im playing more maps that are like that to get better (hopefully lul)
15C

Dementedduck wrote:

imo osu taiko is just easier mania considering most people dont even use a proper controller lol
just improve the same as in other modes, playing low to high diffs or focusing things ur bad at
for example i keep missing on blue notes that represent a low note in the song cos for some reason my brain cant stop associating blue with hi hats so im playing more maps that are like that to get better (hopefully lul)
yeaa isnt it a rim shot not a HH lol
Kasen-

kartofle wrote:

Hi, I'm a mania main and I have been playing taiko recently, any tips on how to transition to taiko since some people said that taiko is similar to mania but horizontal scrolling
as most people said: "play more"

i mean seriously u need to adapt with the gameplay because it's a little bit different from mania. there's thing called (idk its official name) main hand so most of the note you hit it with main hand (mine is right) and there're playstyles in taiko, most of the player use KDDK style and some of them use KKDD or DDKK (well as far as i know)

i'm still a beginner too in taiko (4* at best) so maybe there's someone who knows better that would like to give you tips.. :D