forum

[resolved] Keyboard not working on linux

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Alsarmen_
Hello everyone, tell me who faced the problem of broken keys in the game.
At the moment, I am observing a strange situation, the block of numbers and letters is fully working for me, but the enter, backspace, esc and several other osu lazer keys do not seem to notice.
Of course, I reinstalled the game, reset the cache, maybe someone came across?
I installed the game via flatpak
After removal (flatpak uninstall...) obviously there are some configs left, since when reinstalling, the characters that I entered in the nickname window remain

I'm using fedora 38 KDE plasma with all updates at the moment

osu! version: Stable 2023.621.0-lazer
Blushing
Please report lazer issues on the GitHub: https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues, make sure to include as much as you can from the logs and any videos/images.
Topic Starter
_Alsarmen_
I was able to solve the problem, it turns out the uninstall command does not completely kill osu.
If you have a similar problem follow the root folder with the game.
In my case /home/<user>/.var/app/sh.ppy.osu.

Completely delete the folder and you will be happy.
Overlord_x
I have had the same problem. I am on Linux Mint 20.3 x86_64 kernel 5.15.0-78-generic. As of the last 2 updates i cannot use keyboard keys (x,z) in game and backspace and other keys do not work. The github link posted goes to a 404 page.
DutchEllie
I have the exact opposite of the issue presented by the original poster, the letters are working just fine, but none of the function keys, nor special keys like backspace, alt, ctrl or escape are working.
I guess I'll be reinstalling the game then...