forum

conversion from collation utf9_general_ci into latin1_ci impossible to parameter0

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shishka12
So, I made a map, but when I try to upload it to the server, an error pops up, where it says conversion fromcollayion utf9_general_ci into latin1_ci impossible to parameter0. What do I need to do to unload the map? I did it for 3-4 days and it would be a shame to know that only I can pass it
P.S. the map is mine
beatmapsets/2017098#osu/4199943 (the map has been unloaded, an error crashes when trying to update the map, but the map is still updated, what can this be related to?)
Zelzatter Zero
Can you upload the map somewhere else and link it here so we can check exactly what's wrong?

In case you didn't know how to do it, go to File --> Export Package, then take the .osz file appearing in the popup window to any hosting site (Discord for example) and link it here.
Blushing
I think ive seen this but with a swedish ci. Make sure your beatmap doesnt have any accents, umlauts, or uses such like that. A picture of what your beatmap naming would be pretty beneficial to ascertain the issue.
Jason X
This is an error regarding special/Unicode characters, make sure to remove those from the name of any file in the beatmaps folder.
This problem can also occur for using un-supported unicode title/artist/source/tags, if you do use them remove them and see if you can upload the map now.
Topic Starter
shishka12

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Can you upload the map somewhere else and link it here so we can check exactly what's wrong?

In case you didn't know how to do it, go to File --> Export Package, then take the .osz file appearing in the popup window to any hosting site (Discord for example) and link it here.
the file weighs 25.6 mb, so it won't work through the discord, I can throw it to you personally in telegram or another network
Jason X
If you have a gmail email address you can use google drive, alternatively, there is Mega, Dropbox, MediaFire or s-ul.eu , all of which are free to use to upload stuff.

Altough, since this is about Unicode I guess it would be enough if you could send us a screenshot of your beatmaps folder and the songs metadata (straight from the .osu file, which can be openend from within the osu editor)
Topic Starter
shishka12

shishka12 wrote:

So, I made a map, but when I try to upload it to the server, an error pops up, where it says conversion fromcollayion utf9_general_ci into latin1_ci impossible to parameter0. What do I need to do to unload the map? I did it for 3-4 days and it would be a shame to know that only I can pass it
P.S. the map is mine
beatmapsets/2017098#osu/4199943 (the map has been unloaded, an error crashes when trying to update the map, but the map is still updated, what can this be related to?)

Jason X wrote:

If you have a gmail email address you can use google drive, alternatively, there is Mega, Dropbox, MediaFire or s-ul.eu , all of which are free to use to upload stuff.

Altough, since this is about Unicode I guess it would be enough if you could send us a screenshot of your beatmaps folder and the songs metadata (straight from the .osu file, which can be openend from within the osu editor)
song metadata?
Jason X

shishka12 wrote:

song metadata?
This is metadata: https://puu.sh/JKbBY/c65e599a4a.png (sccreenshot)

The problem is the difficulty name, the letter " ä " cannot be used.
To resolve the problem, change the name of the difficulty

русский перевод
это metadata: https://puu.sh/JKbBY/c65e599a4a.png (Скриншот)

проблема в названии сложности (Скриншот), это символ " ä " нельзя использовать.
для решения проблемы измените ]это для решения проблемы измените это имя

I really hope I didn't do too bad writing in Russian, I'm still learning >.<

I was able to download the song via osu!direct (in-game) since you were able to have it uploaded, just the server (website) isn't able to handle the Unicode where there isn't supposed to be one, leading to a broken beatmap page
Topic Starter
shishka12

Jason X wrote:

shishka12 wrote:

song metadata?
This is metadata: https://puu.sh/JKbBY/c65e599a4a.png (sccreenshot)

The problem is the difficulty name, the letter " ä " cannot be used.
To resolve the problem, change the name of the difficulty

русский перевод
это metadata: https://puu.sh/JKbBY/c65e599a4a.png (Скриншот)

проблема в названии сложности (Скриншот), это символ " ä " нельзя использовать.
для решения проблемы измените ]это для решения проблемы измените это имя

I really hope I didn't do too bad writing in Russian, I'm still learning >.<

I was able to download the song via osu!direct (in-game) since you were able to have it uploaded, just the server (website) isn't able to handle the Unicode where there isn't supposed to be one, leading to a broken beatmap page
THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU