forum

Q

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlowSoNasty
mockingod
You get more pp for harder songs/other stuff. If you want to make your rank be better, play harder songs and rank high on them. Easy maps will not give you much.
Topic Starter
FlowSoNasty
- Marco -
Beacuse rank updates with pp and pp updates when it's changin (when you rank #600 or less on a map), so if other poeple beat you it will downgrade :c
Topic Starter
FlowSoNasty
mockingod
I'm not completely getting you here. Do you mean your entire rank, (#170211) is becoming a LOWER number or a HIGHER number?

If 170211 is becoming a lower number, you are doing what is normal, and ranking "up".

If it's becoming a higher number every so often, it means other people are gaining PP and surpassing your rank, so you get moved down.
HeShu
Haha, that's the point :)

You need to have you rank closest to 1#
Topic Starter
FlowSoNasty
iSpR1Te
You must earn pp to have your performance rank increase by placing in the top 600 (sometimes 1000). When you are rank 100k+ your rank will change very easily because there are a lot of people with the same number of pp. Currently your performance rank only updates when you play a map that you earned pp on. (1>pp earned will always = 0) Playing easy maps will grant you very little or no pp at all even if you have a high rank with mods. Try playing harder maps with good accuracy and high rank. The reason why you rank decreasing even after playing in the top 600:

Ranks earned from gaining pp from that map < The ranks lost because of people passing you up while not playing/earning pp

Performance Points
iderekmc
this happens to me all of the time for example i get 95% rank 300 in a song with only dt and my rank goes to 30k. after that i play it with dt and hd and i get 90% rank 100 in the song and i lose pp and i go to rank 32k
so for example it is better to be rank 600 of a song with 100 percent than rank 1 with 90 percent?
TheVileOne
You can't lose pp from playing. You only lose it via the daily recalculations.
MillhioreF
At your rank, it's very likely at least one person is beating your scores every minute, lowering your pp total. Get higher ranks on maps to lessen this effect.