forum

PLEASE HELP!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
extobitegmr
So, earlier today I went onto a map I had because I wanted to make a beatmap. The only thing I used from the map was the song but when I tried to publish the beatmap I made, it said it wasn't mine and right now idk what to do
- Marco -
Rezq Gokou
have you change the creator name?
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Rezq wrote:

have you change the creator name?
yeah it didnt work
Jason X

extobitegmr wrote:

yeah it didnt work
Have you tried the link (Guide) - Marco - posted above?
If not I suggest you do that, also you might find help here: (Guide) How to resolve BSS Problems
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

- Marco - wrote:

Try following community/forums/topics/325639?n=1
I did that but still wouldnt work. Idk why it just wont work

Edit: IT WORKED!
Jason X
Can you send me the map?
This way I and others can have a look at what's wrong and suggest further solutions.

Either as .osz or as a .zip file
(How to make .osz files)
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Jason X wrote:

Can you send me the map?
This way I and others can have a look at what's wrong and suggest further solutions.

Either as .osz or as a .zip file
(How to make .osz files)
here beatmapsets/2016299#osu/4197682 might not work idk
(its a pretty easy map)
also it says pending so it probably wont work
Jason X

extobitegmr wrote:

Work in Progress and Pending on the website are both categories the uploader can choose from when uploading/updating their map.
Work in Progress means the map isn't done yet.
Pending means the map is finished and ready for modding/ranking.

The latest pending version (in-game) just means it's the latest version of the beatmap.

Well since you have managed to get if uploaded (as you edited your message here), I assume this problem as resolved then.
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Jason X wrote:

extobitegmr wrote:

Work in Progress and Pending on the website are both categories the uploader can choose from when uploading/updating their map.
Work in Progress means the map isn't done yet.
Pending means the map is finished and ready for modding/ranking.

The latest pending version (in-game) just means it's the latest version of the beatmap.

Well since you have managed to get if uploaded (as you edited your message here), I assume this problem as resolved then.
wait so did it work or no?
Jason X

extobitegmr wrote:

Is the below quote the map in question, the one were uploading didn't work.
If yes, then the problem was solved, as it is indeed uploaded.
If no, then I'm still not sure what map we're talking about/Why you've send this one as a reply.

extobitegmr wrote:

(its a pretty easy map)
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Jason X wrote:

extobitegmr wrote:

Is the below quote the map in question, the one were uploading didn't work.
If yes, then the problem was solved, as it is indeed uploaded.
If no, then I'm still not sure what map we're talking about/Why you've send this one as a reply.

extobitegmr wrote:

(its a pretty easy map)
yes thats the map idk if it works for other people
Jason X
Well, the problem you had was that osu refused to upload your map, since it is now available for download, hence uploaded via the Beatmap Submission System (BSS), the problem has resolved itself, else it wouldn't even be here.
I have downloaded it successfully and it can be played, so there shouldn't be any other worries for other people here.

Your map is timed wrong though (BPM/offset is wrong), I'll send you the correct values in a bit. (Say roughly 30 minutes from now)
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Jason X wrote:

Well, the problem you had was that osu refused to upload your map, since it is now available for download, hence uploaded via the Beatmap Submission System (BSS), the problem has resolved itself, else it wouldn't even be here.
I have downloaded it successfully and it can be played, so there shouldn't be any other worries for other people here.

Your map is timed wrong though (BPM/offset is wrong), I'll send you the correct values in a bit. (Say roughly 30 minutes from now)
Is what you were saying it got denied but then accepted? I fixed the bpm and offset
Jason X
Timing
BPM: 166
Offset: 1515

Metronome reset:
Offset: 12719

Fixing the offset on your Inherited Points (green)(also called sv points sometimes)
Select all the green timing points, enter -1 on the "Move selected offset by:" and press Move
(screenshot)

extobitegmr wrote:

Is what you were saying it got denied but then accepted?
What I'm saying is, there was a problem and you likely fixed it by following Marco's post of the BSS Guide I posted.
Topic Starter
extobitegmr

Jason X wrote:

Timing
Offset: 1515

Metronome reset:
Offset: 12719

Fixing the offset on your Inherited Points (green)(also called sv points sometimes)
Select all the green timing points, enter -1 on the "Move selected offset by:" and press Move
(screenshot)

extobitegmr wrote:

Is what you were saying it got denied but then accepted?
What I'm saying is, there was a problem and you likely fixed it by following Marco's post of the BSS Guide I posted.
I changed all of them but idk what metronome reset is or where to find it
how do you make it pending and not WIP?
Jason X
Metronome reset is explained by pishifat in this video: https://youtu.be/xauZuMPgiQw?t=251 (from 4:12min of the video)
Although I suggest you watch the whole video to learn about timing, it's really worth it.