forum

Multiplayer tournaments.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +453
Topic Starter
Myke B
Quick run down: When creating a multiplayer lobby, you have the option to set to tourny style.
Once in the lobby, you select X amount of maps to be played. Once these maps are selected, they cannot be changed. How these maps are decided can be done a couple of ways: You have each member of the tournament pick a map, everyone votes, or you pick them all. People can drop out of the tournament, but no new people can join. There could be a rank requirement, or a limit on the players that can or cannot join. whether free mods are allowed, or not is decided at the start. There could also be mod specific tournaments. For example, everyone has to use dt, hr or w/e. You play all the maps, and for first place you get 100 points, second 50, third 25. The medals would look something like this, after each song.
It would obviously look a lot better. The only thing I can't think of, is a decent reward for playing these. If you guys have any ideas, or just think this is stupid, let me know :) I just think that multiplayer is a little dull, and could use some spicing up :P
Heinzen
I support this, except for the medal part. There should be a different way of sorting 1st, 2nd, 3rd place by points.
Yukiteru Amano
Love the idea :) you can has my two last stars :s
Topic Starter
Myke B

Yukiteru amano wrote:

Love the idea :) you can has my two last stars :s
Thanks :P I mainly thought of this rough draft due to there not being enough tournaments in general :/
- Marco -
s.upport :D

1100 posts :D
Oreki
Have my star, cool idea. ^^
washedupplayer
Awesome, get all my stars (wich is only 4, but welll...it's something!).
RatedNC17
This could be really fun :D
Star'd :)
Topic Starter
Myke B
Thanks a ton for the stars guys :P
ARTPHONEY
wow, this amazing feature :D
sheela
Cool idea -3-
Skingeo
Best idea someone said so far.
Trash Boat
yeah the Best idea, but what will be the prizes? or its just for fun?
Topic Starter
Myke B

Myke B wrote:

The only thing I can't think of, is a decent reward for playing these
No idea man - if this even continues to get recognition - I'm sure me and others could come up with a legitimate reward.
mugasha
Support! :)
Antilx
I like this idea! :)
Elzapatoverde
I love the idea, but I don't think the medals or the prizes are necessary.
DENKOUSEKKA
This would be fun. If there were teams it would be even better (In my opinion)
Topic Starter
Myke B
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes this this idea :) A good idea can to subject to change to be made better.
CatsOnAcid
i like the idea alot <3
PonyOnii
You have 5 stars c:
DeViezeMan
I think this is a great idea!

But i have some question unanswered by your post (or i just cant read):
When and how will you choose to start the tournament (and let no one join)? Will the host have a 'start tournament' button?
When will the maps be picked? You can pick maps before the 'start' of the tournament, and let those attract people. Or the maps are picked after the participants have been finalized.

I'm not so sure about mod specific tournaments. I think songs with fixed mods makes more sense. Of course, if a tournament turns out to be dt only, that's fine. But predefining the mod for an entire tournament seems pretty inflexible.

Gave it a few stars :)
-Levy The Boss-
Thats a cool idea, I hope someday come true :D The game would be more competitive and fun

Good Luck!
JustBuddy
I want that feature, Tournaments would be so much easier to do with that! :D

Good Luck!

+2 Stars
Bara-
This sounds fun
HerZ
Nice idea gave u +28 Stars
Princess Jish
Awesome idea!
-[S]ikariio]-
NICE IDEA M8 100/10 support :P
Phylalix
I love idea ! +25 stars :3
Colin
this is a great feature to add
Blushing
As someone who would love to challenge my friends without having just to play against them in any map and could feel like an actual tournament. This is also a really good idea for just in the spur of the moment tournaments that are just for fun and for those who cant make a large enough community/friend group for tournaments would be great!

+Support, take stars anytime <3
Frozen_Rhythm
I hope that there is also for Newbies & Novice Players ^^

Can't wait to see this feature ^^