forum

[Archived] OSU CONNECTION

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RaYZoO
Problem details:
when i changed my router osu didn't login in it says connecting to bancho then nothing i can't even use osu direct to download beatmaps but when i changed to another router it worked fine but i want it to work with my new router

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20230613
I AM VERY SMART
?
Topic Starter
RaYZoO

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

?
i can't connect to bancho server because of my router and i don't know how to fix it
itsjimmy15
could be a firewall configured to block osu from connecting the internet, what I would try in your new router is to go "windows security" (assuming you are using windows) then go to "Firewall and network Protection" and in that setting find "allow an app through the firewall" then find osu if not click "allow another app" and add osu and (if not ticked) tick it then ok. This is the first thing I can think off but if it doesn't work it must be something in your router settings or you can network and internet troubleshoot to see if it will detect any problems (not confident this will work but give it a try). also cant see your vid or screenshot. last edit https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1780155?n=1 seems to have a similar problem and can follow the steps shown
Topic Starter
RaYZoO

itsjimmy15 wrote:

could be a firewall configured to block osu from connecting the internet, what I would try in your new router is to go "windows security" (assuming you are using windows) then go to "Firewall and network Protection" and in that setting find "allow an app through the firewall" then find osu if not click "allow another app" and add osu and (if not ticked) tick it then ok. This is the first thing I can think off but if it doesn't work it must be something in your router settings or you can network and internet troubleshoot to see if it will detect any problems (not confident this will work but give it a try). also cant see your vid or screenshot. last edit https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1780155?n=1 seems to have a similar problem and can follow the steps shown
thank you for your help but firewall thing didn't solve the problem neither the troubleshoot