forum

[Archived] A question for all AMD APU users

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Worst
Hi all, I have a question:
I'm considering building a small ITX desktop to bring around with me. It will have an AMD Fusion APU serving as both the CPU and the video card.
My question is this: How well does osu! run on the E-350 APU? I will be running the game at 1366x768 resolution.
Pyrci
well for one that is a horrible cpu -.- just stick wiht somthing along the lines of a8 amd if your wanted some decent performance i got a desktop at best buy for about 400 and just iwth the apu dedicated graphics osu was running aroudn 200 fps
but i upgrraded my graphics to a 7850 and nwitht he same cpu i hit around 500 fps and 1k in a lot of places to seing sometimes 1.3k lolz but osu is easy game to run. i could run other games on this cpu to with dedicated graphics all the gaems lol dota 2 gw2 was lik 20 on med but lol and dota 2 were like 40 iget like 90 now to 140 in lol with the grapics card
. i am going to be honest though that cpu is not that great ur prolly looking aroudn 50 fps with spikes and maybe
Winshley

MiauCloud wrote:

i am going to be honest though that cpu is not that great ur prolly looking aroudn 50 fps with spikes and maybe
Nope.

I have a laptop with AMD APU E-300 (has lower clock rate compared to E-350), and it can run osu! at decent fps (300+ fps with all graphics toned down to a minumum, with a peak rate of 500+ fps sometimes)
Topic Starter
Worst

Winshley wrote:

MiauCloud wrote:

i am going to be honest though that cpu is not that great ur prolly looking aroudn 50 fps with spikes and maybe
Nope.

I have a laptop with AMD APU E-300 (has lower clock rate compared to E-350), and it can run osu! at decent fps (300+ fps with all graphics toned down to a minumum, with a peak rate of 500+ fps sometimes)
Winshley, that helps a lot with my decision, thanks! And I can't add a discrete video card due to the nature of this build--I'm using an Antec ISK-110 which is a case barely large enough for the motherboard itself, forget a graphics card. By the way, for reference, what resolution were you running at?
Winshley
I play at between 640×480 and 1366×768. The FPS differences between those resolutions are quite minimal (at least 50fps difference and up to more than 100fps difference depending on the settings), though the performance impact is still there.

Additionally, you might encounter problems with background video playback due to the processing power involved, depending on the video quality. You'll notice the impact on mostly newer Ranked/Approved maps.