forum

[Archived] There was an error while copying the background file: Could not find file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]
im trying to add my bg file into the editor but when i try to, this pops up and it deletes the bg from my files.

oh and this pops up also when i press the ok button

Blushing
Are both of those files found on the same drive as your osu! is installed to? What method of adding the bg to the song have you tried?
Jason X
Does this happen with any image or just this specific one?
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Jason X wrote:

Does this happen with any image or just this specific one?
any
SimonDiamond
Yeah I'm currently am having this problem too. Annoyes the heck out of me because I have to add it manually to the .osu file now
Death
Where do you have osu! installed on your PC?

SimonDiamond wrote:

Yeah I'm currently am having this problem too. Annoyes the heck out of me because I have to add it manually to the .osu file now
In addition to the above question, are you also trying to import files from a different drive?
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Death wrote:

Where do you have osu! installed on your PC?

SimonDiamond wrote:

In addition to the above question, are you also trying to import files from a different drive?
osu is installed in my 1tb drive and my downloads are in my 256gb drive
Death
Can you give me specific paths? Based on your screenshot I see your downloads are in E:\Downloads for example. Where is your osu! folder?
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Death wrote:

Can you give me specific paths? Based on your screenshot I see your downloads are in E:\Downloads for example. Where is your osu! folder?
D:\osu!

E:\Downloads

for some reason i thought they were in my 256gb drive aka C: but they are in the 2tb drive aka E:
Min
I was on Cutting Edge and had the same problem, but switching back to Stable fixed it