Topic Starter
Kurdmode
Problem details:
how do i change a .msz file to .osk file so i can use the skin

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
knowledge i dont have

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Jason X
Before you try anything of the below, make a copy of the file, just in case things don't work.

If it's anything like .rar or .7z file simply changing the file ending from .msz to .osk should be enough.
If that is the case they should also be opened with Winrar or 7-Zip.

If none of this works, perhaps google can find you a solution to which program you'd need to open it.
Topic Starter
Kurdmode

Jason X wrote:

Before you try anything of the below, make a copy of the file, just in case things don't work.

If it's anything like .rar or .7z file simply changing the file ending from .msz to .osk should be enough.
If that is the case they should also be opened with Winrar or 7-Zip.

If none of this works, perhaps google can find you a solution to which program you'd need to open it.
so just add ".osk" to the end of the file?
Jason X
Yes, remove the .msz and write .osk instead
Topic Starter
Kurdmode
it didn't change formats.
Ryu Sei
This is the workaround:
  1. Extract the files manually somewhere, preferably new folder anywhere outside osu! folder.
  2. Determine the location of skin.ini file. If it's inside that new folder, then that folder is your skin folder. Otherwise, it might be inside another folder, which means that becomes the skin folder instead.
  3. Copy the skin to osu! Skins folder.
I never heard this .msz file, maybe search on the internet on how to open that file.
Zelzatter Zero
MediaMonkey skin ain't the same as osu skin. Where did you acquire that thought you can do that?

Either download an actual osk file from searching through either any official website distributing osu skins or through Skinning sub. You know it's bad when you can only see this exact thread when looking for "msz" in the search.