forum

Tablet recommendation.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kazutakee
I've decided to take the step forward and buy a pen tablet.

I'm not a skilled osu! player, or a professional artist, so that's why I don't want to spend too much money on my first tablet. I just want a tablet I can use to draw and play osu! :3.
I only expect to use what seems like 90-100€.

I haven't gotten much time to look for one because of upcoming exams, but what I found was the Wacom Intuos S.
(http://www.wacom.com/en/de/creative/intuos-pen)

Out of what I've read, It should be good, durable and comfortable when drawing. But I haven't found anything about it's performance in osu!

My Questions:
- Is this a good and durable tablet for both drawing and osu! ?
- Is it worth the money?
- Should I buy it?
- Are there better pen tablets out there that I should buy?

I expect to buy a pen tablet after some month. As mentioned, I have upcoming exams, and wouldn't have time to play and practice osu!

Thank you for taking your time :3
Lach
yes
no
yes
no

P.s. anyone who says they're buying a tablet to draw and play osu! is only going to do the latter, in reality.
WolfCoder

Lach wrote:

...anyone who says they're buying a tablet to draw and play osu! is only going to do the latter, in reality.
Rewben2
- Is this a good and durable tablet for both drawing and osu! ?
It'll be fine for drawing and osu, it will last a long time if you treat it decently.

- Is it worth the money?
If you have money to spare then go for it, I'd say it's worth it.

- Should I buy it?
If you want it and will use it and have the money, then sure.

- Are there better pen tablets out there that I should buy?
Intuos or something like a ctl470 or ctl460, it doesn't really matter. They are pretty similar prices and do similar things.

Lach wrote:

anyone who says they're buying a tablet to draw and play osu! is only going to do the latter, in reality.
I bought a tablet and got into drawing -.-
deletemyaccount
Alright get ready for this massive, wall of text in-depth answer...

yes
Soarezi
I have 3 tablets, and i have bought 7 different pens just for osu. I broke the pens btw, get on my level please.
Kusaji
I personally got this tablet years ago : It's a tablet!
and it looks like this :

I have not bought a new pen once (And it is over 4 years old ish)
(Note I do hover instead of drag my pen along the tablet while playing)

And as proof that it works :

Literally years later still able to use the tablet to play osu every day. Great purchase.

But it comes down to preference. So do some shopping, and make a choice and try it out.
Spyrunite
I'm going to hijack this thread for my own tablet question. I currently have an osu tablet preordered, but I have some spare cash and am wondering if I'd do better with a Wacom tablet. I will probably end up using it just for osu, and I don't think I will be using a big area.
Lach

Spyrunite wrote:

I'm going to hijack this thread for my own tablet question. I currently have an osu tablet preordered, but I have some spare cash and am wondering if I'd do better with a Wacom tablet. I will probably end up using it just for osu, and I don't think I will be using a big area.
Wait until the osu tablet gets there, if it's shit (which i doubt it will be too bad), you know what to do.

SPOILER

Kusaji wrote:

I personally got this tablet years ago : It's a tablet!
and it looks like this :

I have not bought a new pen once (And it is over 4 years old ish)
(Note I do hover instead of drag my pen along the tablet while playing)

And as proof that it works :

Literally years later still able to use the tablet to play osu every day. Great purchase.

But it comes down to preference. So do some shopping, and make a choice and try it out.

The intuos pen small is cheaper than that in the first place, and comes with updated drivers and possibly better polling rate.
theburgerhd
I have that intuos tablet, really like it... and it's cheap ^-^
Coolgav
i like wacom bamboo tablets,but for you to buy it,it depends on how much you'll spend and how big you need it,right now i have this -