forum

how to get over skill walls ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
angel in danger
title is self explainatory (i hope so)

slight bit of context : im really anything but a one trick i just play whatever i find fun really
__scripting
become a well-rounded player and never hit a skill wall 8-)

after you edited it: just keep playing
Topic Starter
angel in danger

__scripting wrote:

welp i mean thats literally how i hit a skill wall rn lmao
idk i just found it fun trying to learn as many skill sets as possible
__scripting

angel in danger wrote:

__scripting wrote:

welp i mean thats literally how i hit a skill wall rn lmao
idk i just found it fun trying to learn as many skill sets as possible
then try to gambling in maps that are hard but not impossible for you...
idk what is your "skill wall" now.

try to do this
ANGELF708

angel in danger wrote:

slight bit of context : im really anything but a one trick i just play whatever i find fun really
When I first started playing, the best advice my friend ever me was to start with the easiest maps and S-rank them. Then move up to the next easiest. I ended up applying this to other skills as well, starting with the easiest part and becoming proficient, before moving to the next easiest. It seems really obvious, but it helped me overcome the skill wall of life.
Fxjlk
Step #1 Enjoy Game - If you are having fun you are probably playing something that isn't too easy and isn't too difficult which is perfect for improvement. As long as you are having fun your brain is learning.

Step #2 Play More - As long as you are having fun keep playing and playing and playing and playing.

Step #3 Quitw - Once you are no longer having fun you are probably not going to learn any more so announce your retirement to everybody and never play again.

Step #4 You are here forever - Get bored and play again. Remember game is fun and start from step 1.
Stomiks
Don't forget to push yourself and more and have a positive mindset while doing it. Mindset is pretty important in overcoming skillwalls. If you believe your can't overcome them then you never will.
kujubuo

angel in danger wrote:

you dont even have skill wall rn
his everything
Destroys the wall by force by playing more
Stomiks

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

osu players when giving advice
his everything

Stomiks wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Yes
Topic Starter
angel in danger

Stomiks wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

real
Aizuuya
"skill wall" has gained nearly 100k ranks in a month. Wait until you've gone over 3 months without improving even though you play all the time to say you're at a skill wall (like me)

But seriously though, if you're having trouble improving and want real advice, dm me some specifics on here or discord and I can talk to you with some real advice my 1000 hours of gameplay might be able to provide. Though considering I dont improve I may not be the best to take advice from, but maybe it could work for you.
his everything

kujubuo wrote:

angel in danger wrote:

Skill wall is just an illusion if you still have things to prove. A real skill wall is when no matter how long or hard you work, it's impossible for you to become better than before.
Stomiks

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

angel in danger wrote:

Skill wall is just an illusion if you still have things to prove. A real skill wall is when no matter how long or hard you work, it's impossible for you to become better than before.
That's why you gotta have good mindset when things get tough. Way tough.
his everything

Stomiks wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

angel in danger wrote:

That's why you gotta have good mindset when things get tough. Way tough.
A good mindset is basically everything