forum

is this okay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3
I've gained 30k ranks in 3 days after I decayed a few weeks ago, and suddenly I got multiple big pp plays. From 454k to 423k ranks because I'm trying to fix my fingercontrol, even surpassing loserotaku. Is this normal?
kujubuo
Yeah its pretty much normal. This is why its never recommended to only farm unlike what loserotaku does lmao
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3

kujubuo wrote:

Yeah its pretty much normal. This is why its never recommended to only farm unlike what loserotaku does lmao
plus, I'm an antifarm player. I rarely do flashlight, but my challenge is to get pp not from popular maps so that I can keep my aim one of my biggest specialties in this game.

In addition, I also play farm maps a little bit, and keep in mind that I use keyboard tablet (right handed) so that I can keep my cursor control consistent, I decayed a few weeks ago due to busy stuffs such as homeworks, exams, and projects (normal to students)

actually like, I respect players who always farm, but please learn jumps so that it can help you in the long-term. As well as bursts.
Stomiks
That's pretty good. Honestly surpassing is always a good way to measure you're making progress lmao
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3

Stomiks wrote:

That's pretty good. Honestly surpassing is always a good way to measure you're making progress lmao
I learned to fix my fingercontrol to help me in long term (I dreamed to be a tournament player to replace skydiver), as well as spotlights lmao. I've planned to do 5* FC but it will require a TV-size farm map for my rank :(

Honestly farming is like a long term goal for me. You see how gnahus popped off immediately from rank 20 to rank 4. Well.
DM FOR MUTUAL

THETM wrote:

plus, I'm an antifarm player. I rarely do flashlight, but my challenge is to get pp not from popular maps so that I can keep my aim one of my biggest specialties in this game.
Actively trying to not farm probably helps with gaining ranks really quickly when you decide to actually farming, because your skill would have increased during the time you don't farm so you'll suddenly get lots of high pp plays when you try farming. On the other hand, if you farmed all the time then your pp would probably increase more gradually. Also, 30k in 3 days isn't that much, I think I gained around 100k in 1 session when I was around rank 350k because I was a pass player who had literally never farmed up until that point lol.
his everything

THETM wrote:

I've gained 30k ranks in 3 days after I decayed a few weeks ago, and suddenly I got multiple big pp plays. From 454k to 423k ranks because I'm trying to fix my fingercontrol, even surpassing loserotaku. Is this normal?
It's totally normal, you're well on your way to becoming an osu! rhythm champion!
MusicRitman
I don't know who loserotaku is, but I can see that you're relatively new. Most of your top plays would bring you such amount of ranks, as you're in mid 6 digits. The further you progress, the harder it is gonna be to get ranks.
his everything

kujubuo wrote:

This is the reason why he got his first 100pp... because of a **farm map**
kujubuo

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

he could have just gotten 100 pp way earlier if he just focused on improving instead of only farming. im not against farming, im against that people that are only trying to farm
Shacovian
I think it just means you've pushed your skillcap. Happened to me before when something finally "clicked" with my playstyle.
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3

kujubuo wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

he could have just gotten 100 pp way earlier if he just focused on improving instead of only farming. im not against farming, im against that people that are only trying to farm
this is why I avoid farming at first, also I got my first 100pp because of good accuracy. Imagine someone farming Harumachi, Marshmary is longer. No, I'm not against farming, but people with only playing farm maps and can't stream is just crazy.

This is why I feel myself underranked as I rarely farm because of decaying (mostly because of school). Just play stream farm maps like tower of heaven or sidetracked day or etc, or practice your stream ability.

edit: I just realized that I played harumachi for an HDFL score

edit 2: don't roast iavs because of how good he is, he played on osu!droid 1 year before joining this community
his everything

THETM wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

This is why I feel myself underranked as I rarely farm because of decaying (mostly because of school). Just play stream farm maps like tower of heaven or sidetracked day or etc, or practice your stream ability.
Having the feeling of being underranked > Having the feeling of being overranked

You're mindset is way better than mine, you already sound like a pro when you talk, this is great!
kujubuo

THETM wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

kujubuo wrote:

this is why I avoid farming at first, also I got my first 100pp because of good accuracy. Imagine someone farming Harumachi, Marshmary is longer. No, I'm not against farming, but people with only playing farm maps and can't stream is just crazy.

edit: I just realized that I played harumachi for an HDFL score

edit 2: don't roast iavs because of how good he is, he played on osu!droid 1 year before joining this community
Stream farm maps are pretty overrated in pp system though. I also wouldnt say that you should just play stream farm maps only.
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3
i mean there's other skill besides farming streams and jumps, such as cursor control, tournaments (tech), finger control, etc.