forum

[resolved] All my osu!laser data has been deleted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hold My Mind
When i was editing my osu layout skins my game crashed and after i run it again All my data (~20 skins and 5000 beatmaps) was deleted... i really Need help. Someone PLEASE HELP ME, thanks

p/s: I tried running the game again and tried refreshing but it didn't work
- Virtu -
Please check the game files. Is the data still there?

If not, your osu!.db file probably was messed up. Go to song select and press F5, wait a bit for the game to reload the database.
Blushing
- Virtu -

- Virtu - wrote:

If not, your osu!.db file probably was messed up. Go to song select and press F5, wait a bit for the game to reload the database.
Please read the title before suggesting help, the advice you gave is only applicable to stable, the title says lazer-specific data.

Hold My Mind wrote:

When i was editing my osu layout skins my game crashed and after i run it again All my data (~20 skins and 5000 beatmaps) was deleted... i really Need help. Someone PLEASE HELP ME, thanks

p/s: I tried running the game again and tried refreshing but it didn't work

You can try posting on the github (https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions) to see if they can help you. Make sure to include the crash log and the log files from the session(s).
Topic Starter
Hold My Mind

- Virtu - wrote:

When I press f5, the osu lazer skips to the next track and doesn't refresh
Blushing

Hold My Mind wrote:

- Virtu - wrote:

thats because you are using lazer. Their advice was for stable (which you are not using).
Topic Starter
Hold My Mind

Blushing wrote:

Hold My Mind wrote:

- Virtu - wrote:

thats because you are using lazer. Their advice was for stable (which you are not using).

When I check the files folder they take up 12 GB, I guess my data is still there, but it doesn't show up in the game. What do I have to do now ;-;
Giai tich 2
Did you change your folder at any time in the past?
If that's the case, I guess the game crashed, and the config file was therefore corrupted as well. So the game didn't know about the new location, shift back to default in AppData\Roaming folder.
You can try changing the location again to that folder, restart the game and it will load for you.
Topic Starter
Hold My Mind

Giai tich 2 wrote:

Did you change your folder at any time in the past?
If that's the case, I guess the game crashed, and the config file was therefore corrupted as well. So the game didn't know about the new location, shift back to default in AppData\Roaming folder.
You can try changing the location again to that folder, restart the game and it will load for you.
Thanks everyone, A guys from github helped me, It worked.
DoubleJimmy
What was the solution? I have the same problem.