forum

Think Twice before Editing! - Mafia Wins!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heipizhu
So I have stolen McEndu's rules once more, anyway, here we go again ;)

Game specific info

1. This game uses the Think Twice setup. Mechanics pertaining to this rule apply for this run.
    Setup info
    1. The game consists of 1 Godfather, 1 Mafia Goon and 3 Vanilla Townies.
    2. There is no Night phase.
    3. If the godfather is eliminated at any point, the town immediately wins. (This is the only special quality of the godfather.)
    4. If, on Day 1 only, one of the townies is eliminated, this townie will be flipped as town, but will not die immediately. They will live for the duration of Day 2, and then die along with the Day 2 elimination.
  2. You ARE allowed to make edits to your post within 5 minutes after you post. However, if you failed to do so and made the interval slightly larger than 5 minutes, you'll be warned. And if you edit your post after a long while (like an hour) or doing edits after you see others have posted, you may be modkilled or force-replaced. Btw, I won't be responsible if others consider you scummy for doing edits ;)
  3. Prod: 36+24
  4. Day length: 120h for normal days and 72h for tiebreaker stage
  5. Mafia daytalk is enabled via osu!dm
  6. Elimination/Tiebreaker rules
    Since the setup would be broken if 'No elim' occurs, so here's the proposed elimination process to prevent it from happening.
    1. Whoever is voted by 50% of alive players +1 before the deadline, the player is eliminated and the day would end.
    2. Once the deadline is reached, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.
    3. In case a tie occurs on step2, there would be a tiebreaker stage that lasts 3 days. Before the tiebreaker, everyone's vote would be automatically unvoted for you to make your final decision. During this stage,
      1. All players must vote for one of the players on the tb.
      2. The votes would be randomly voted if the voters haven't voted before the deadline.
    4. Just in the case that a tie occured inside a tiebreaker
      1. If there are 3 players in tb, the one who have the least vote would be moved out from the tb with a 2 day extended deadline.
      2. If there are 2 players in tb and ends up with a tie
        1. If both players are town, who will be eliminated would be random
        2. If one of the two players are mafia, the mafia would always survive the tie.

General Rules

Amianki (edited by me) wrote:

General
1.1) All site rules apply. Be familiar with them before playing.
1.2) Unless your role PM says otherwise, you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the thread.
1.3) Quoting any PM from the moderator will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing is usually acceptable.
1.4) You are not alllowed to talk about on-going mafia games under any circumstances.
1.5) This is a game and strong language/tones are possible. As long as it remains civil, it is acceptable. Personal grudges or harassment (sexist, homophobic, racist, etc.) is not acceptable. The first offense will result in a warning, while the second will result in a force replace.

Game Mechanics
2.1) All votes must be bolded. Votes without this format will be ignored.
[b]Vote: Player[/b]
2.2) Votes within quote or spoiler tags will be ignored.
2.3) It is recommended to use a player's full name for votes, but it is acceptable to shorten it as long as it doesn't cause confusion. Any ambiguous votes will be ignored.
2.4) Unvoting is recommended for changing your vote, but not required. The exceptions are when you aren't placing another vote or if you have a multiple voting ability.
2.5) A lynch will be achieved when 50%+1 of the player list has their vote on a single person. Once that threshold is reached, the game enters twilight and no more votes will count for the day. No lynch votes require only 50% of the player list to go through.
2.6) During twilight players and the lynchee are still allowed to talk, but as stated in 2.5 there will be no more votes. Twilight ends as soon as the mod posts the lynch scene.
2.7) You are allowed a single post in the thread once you are dead. (Namely, a "Bah!" post) This post must not contain any game-relevant information.
2.8) If deadline is reached without anyone ever hitting the lynch threshold, then a lynch will only occur if someone is at one vote below the lynch threshold. If multiple, then the first one to hit it will be lynched. Anything else below that will lead to No Lynch.

Activity and Deadlines
3.1) Do your best to stay active. This game is a commitment.
3.2) A player may receive a prod 36 hours after their last post. Should the player remain inactive, they may receive a further prod every 24 hours.
3.4) When a player received 3 prods during a single in-game day, or received more than 5 prods overall inclusive, the player would be replaced. This is not considered a force-replacement, and after the player posts, they may contact the moderator to cancel the replacement.
3.5) If you will be gone for an extended period of time, you may post your V/LA in bold. The Prod Timer will be ignored for the duration and will be reset once it is over. V/LAs should not be longer than half of a day phase if you will have no access.
3.6) If you have to be gone for a significant amount of time, you will most likely be replaced. Finding your own replacement is appreciated, but not strictly required.
3.7) There will be a 7 days deadline for each Day.

Miscellaneous
4.1) Use the “topic starter” badge to identify me.
4.2) I will do my best to post vote counts at least once a day. Depending on the activity level, I will post vote counts either more or less often. If you request a vote count, I will provide one at the next opportunity.
4.3) Do not post cryptography, codes, invisible text, or small text.
4.4) Editing your post is grounds for an immediate modkill. Don't do it. PLEASE DON'T DO IT. Editing is allowed in this game if you managed to do the edit within 5 minutes after you post. However, if you failed to do so and made the interval slightly larger than 5 minutes, you'll be warned. And if you edit your post after a long while (like an hour) or doing edits after you see others have posted, you may be modkilled or force-replaced..
4.5) If a vote count is incorrect, let me know and I'll correct it when I have time.
4.6) Feel free to PM me if something in the game or ruleset is unclear.
4.7) Loopholes do not exist. Use common sense. If something sounds like it would be against the rules and isn't listed here, chances are you will still be punished for it. See rule 4.6 if you're unsure.
4.8) I reserve the right to modify the ruleset as needed. If this happens, you will be notified in thread.

Alive

1. Lunexia* Godfather survived and won
  2. Aireunaeus* B0ii***, Mafia Goon survived and won
  3. I AM VERY SMART Manishh**, Vanilla Townie endgamed

Dead

1. GuyInFreezer* Vanilla Townie, eliminated on Day2
  2. shad1337 Vanilla Townie, eliminated on Day1
* – denotes prod

Sample PMs
  1. Welcome, [player]! You are a Vanilla Townie!

You have no abilities but your voice and your vote. If you are lynched on Day 1, you will survive until the end of Day 2.

You win if the Godfather is lynched.
    You lose if the Mafia reach parity with the town.

Confirm by replying with the answer to this question: 'How many players are there in the mafia team?'
  2. Welcome, [player]! You are a Mafia Goon!

You have no abilities but your voice and your vote.

[player] is the Godfather. If they are lynched, your faction will lose. You may speak with them via osu!pm at any time.

You win if you reach parity with the town.
    You lose if the Godfather is lynched. 

Your scummy buddy's confirmation code is: [confirmation code]. Confirm by having a quick chat with your buddy and reply me with your own confirmation code.
  3. Welcome, [player]! You are a Godfather!

If you are ever lynched, your faction will lose.

[player] is the Goon. You may speak with them via osu!pm at any time.

You win if you reach parity with the town.
    You lose if the Godfather is lynched.

Your scummy buddy's confirmation code is: [confirmation code]. Confirm by having a quick chat with your buddy and reply me with your own confirmation code.
Lunexia
/in :]

2.9) If you have a night action, it can be changed as many times as you want as long its still within the deadline the mod has given. Anything after that will have no effect.

-> This is redundant, there are no night actions!

2.8) If deadline is reached without anyone ever hitting the lynch threshold, then a lynch will only occur if someone is at one vote below the lynch threshold. If multiple, then the first one to hit it will be lynched. Anything else below that will lead to No Lynch.

-> This setup should ALWAYS have a lynch, no lynching in this setup breaks the setup.

IMO you have two ways of setting this up.

Firstly:
- Once the deadline is reached, the player with the most votes is eliminated.
(I'll leave how you resolve ties up to you, but it should not be no lynch)

Simple and easy i guess.

Secondly:
- If a player is voted by 50% of alive players + 1, then the player is lynched immediately, ending the day.

I think this might be best?
Not sure, but you should definitely remove all possibilities of a no-elimination. ^^

Additionally, if you have majority eliminations (50% + 1 = elim) then this game might be over veeeery fast. :P
If you don't have them consider making the deadline something like 2, 3 or 4 days instead of 7!
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Lunexia wrote:

/in :]

2.9) If you have a night action, it can be changed as many times as you want as long its still within the deadline the mod has given. Anything after that will have no effect.

-> This is redundant, there are no night actions!
Ok, fixed! Thanks for this good catch!

Lunexia wrote:

-> This setup should ALWAYS have a lynch, no lynching in this setup breaks the setup.

IMO you have two ways of setting this up.

Firstly:

Simple and easy i guess.

Secondly:
- If a player is voted by 50% of alive players + 1, then the player is lynched immediately, ending the day.
Emmm, I would personally enjoy introducing the way on how WWF games deal with tiebreakers. In wwf, ever since a tie occured, there would be an extra round where all the players have to vote for the 2 players in the tb to determine who to get eliminated. So, let me propose a ruleset on how elimination works.

1. Whoever is voted by 50% of alive players +1 before the deadline, the player is eliminated and the day would end.
  2. Once the deadline is reached, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.
  3. In case a tie occurs on step2, there would be a tiebreaker stage that lasts 3 days. During this stage,
    1. Every player who is outside the tb must vote for either of the player on the tb.
    2. No UNVOTE is allowed to use, and the votes would be randomly voted if you haven't voted before the deadline.
  4. Just in the case that a tie occured inside a tiebreaker (which could occured in day2 after a mafia is eliminated), mafia wins!

Lunexia wrote:

Additionally, if you have majority eliminations (50% + 1 = elim) then this game might be over veeeery fast. :P
If you don't have them consider making the deadline something like 2, 3 or 4 days instead of 7!
I personally enjoy a compartively longer game since there are always someone who are inactive (or tactically inactive, aka lurking). However, since I just proposed the 'Tiebreaker Stage', I will consider changing it to 5 days. What'a your idea?
B0ii
/in
Topic Starter
heipizhu
@Lunexia I just filled some of the loopholes in the tb proposal, so please check the op for the lastest version!
Lunexia
It's a bit weird, but it works better than anything that has no lynch so why not lol.
There shouldn't really be ties anyway.

I'd suggest making day 1 a day that cannot have hammer (no majority voting enabled), so that, with just 3 being hammer, there's some room for pressuring and figuring things out.

But yeah that might be just me! :D
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Lunexia wrote:

It's a bit weird, but it works better than anything that has no lynch so why not lol.
There shouldn't really be ties anyway.

I'd suggest making day 1 a day that cannot have hammer (no majority voting enabled), so that, with just 3 being hammer, there's some room for pressuring and figuring things out.

But yeah that might be just me! :D
I might still consider enabling the hammer or we are running somehow way too far away from normal mafia lol
Lunexia
Fair! Just suggestions. :3 Can't wait for this one, will be funny.
Manishh
I am up for a normal mafia game
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Manishh wrote:

I am up for a normal mafia game
You may consider this as 'normal' despite the 'edit' and the tb rule. Imop, the first rule is for fun (and the fact that we often need a chance to fix typos), and the second rule is just a debug patch for some of the games that failed to run smoothly.
Manishh
/in
GuyInFreezer
/in

First time player
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Manishh wrote:

/in

GuyInFreezer wrote:

/in

First time player
Added

Sample PMs are also added.
ShinRun
Guy In Freezer have returned
Lunexia

ShinRun wrote:

Trolley

1 more lol
If this doesn't fill I'll call in the boys lmfao
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Lunexia wrote:

ShinRun wrote:

Trolley

1 more lol
Still better than this I guess? XD
Lunexia
Death
Topic Starter
heipizhu

Lunexia wrote:

ShinRun wrote:

Trolley

1 more lol
Just make the call probably?
Lunexia
it filling slowly is fine ig lol, i rather have people from this site play im ngl :3
ABunchOfAtoms
Thonk thrice
show more