forum

Figure - Beetlejuice (Drumstep Mix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 14. januar 2014 at 21:35:12

Artist: Figure
Title: Beetlejuice (Drumstep Mix)
BPM: 75
Filesize: 11609kb
Play Time: 03:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,33 stars, 84 notes)
  2. Horo (5 stars, 359 notes)
  3. NoYzE's Hard (4,63 stars, 276 notes)
Download: Figure - Beetlejuice (Drumstep Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So just thought of having fun :3 i love the song. No spesific reason for making it though...
EASY
100% Done.
Made by me.
Super Easy! Everyone can S this map.
NoYzE's HARD
100% Done.
Thanks to NoYzE for the diff!
A little bit challenging, good for warming up!
HORO
100% Done.
Made by me.
Horo is the hardest difficulty, with both streams, jumps and paralel sliders.
sj03rs
Should be moderated! Funny map, but is there any chance for making another hard version? Because this is like a real reaction challenge. Doesn't mean I don't like it or something haha:P But overall, it's great! Should me moderated, do something about it Osu! I can count on you!
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

sj03rs wrote:

Should be moderated! Funny map, but is there any chance for making another hard version? Because this is like a real reaction challenge. Doesn't mean I don't like it or something haha:P But overall, it's great! Should me moderated, do something about it Osu! I can count on you!
sure :3 you can make your own [sj03rs's Hard] if ya want :D
NoYzE
[Hard]
02:26:400 (5) - After you let the player do a nice star you trow this at him O_o
00:34:400 (4) - Overlapping makes your map much harder to read
01:01:400 (1) - This is an example of not using distance snap / the break isn't readable by the distance to the previous note (very hard to read)
01:23:733 (3) - Again, nice arrange but very hard to read.

Just some examples of what i was thinking when i was playing the map.
Remember: A good hard map is easy to read, but hard to play ;)
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

NoYzE wrote:

[Hard]
02:26:400 (5) - After you let the player do a nice star you trow this at him O_o
01:01:400 (1) - This is an example of not using distance snap / the break isn't readable by the distance to the previous note (very hard to read)

Ah :) thanks for the tips :) ill see what i can do with it tomorrow ^^ really apprichiate feedback :)
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

NoYzE wrote:

[Hard]

Everything you requested have been fixed :) I hope it is perfect and easy to read now :) If you find more problems, please tell me :D
NoYzE
Hey there, i tested your map again and i like the changes :)
However there are still some problems with readability and i want to explain to you, why i am thinking this way.

[Hard]
00:04:800 (3) - Please take a look at this
00:06:400 (1) - This
00:08:400 (1) - And this

What do they have in common?
All 3 have the same spacing.
But they do not have the same timing.

As the map has a fast approach rate, you have no time looking at the approach circles, so your only chance to get an idea about the timing, is the spacing.
If you know the map well (because you mapped it^^) it is no problem, because you already know how to play it.
But people who play your map for the first time are really tricked this way, because most ranked maps stick to timed spacing and so the players learned from them that different spacings mean different timings, while same spacing is mostly same timing.
You may break this rule, but only very experienced mappers should do that, because they really know how to do it without misleading the player, or for an extra challenge in an extra insane difficulty (aimed at the very pros).

It is also important for hidden mod.
It is not fun to exactly remember the timing of every note in a 3 minute track (or 10 minute beatmap^^).
However, if you can read the timings from the spacing (or the notes follow a very clear and strictly selected beat, that is 100% not to misunderstand) you can play a map with hidden mod, without memorizing it.

If you select "Distance Snap" in the editor (below "Grid Snap" on the right side panel) and try to move a note you will see how it jumps away from the previous note and won't let you place it near the note before, because it will fit the spacing according to the difference in timing to the previous note.

It is highly recommended for new mappers to use distance snap because you will automatically make a beatmap with correct spacings.
IF you ever break the distance snap at some point, be really sure why you do this.

I know it may be hard because you sure did put in a lot of work in this, but for a feel for distance snapping you may want to try this: (Don't Save the results if you don't like it / create a new difficulty without purging the notes, so you still have your old beatmap you can revert to.)
Activate Distance Snapping, and try to move around every note in the map (be sure the distance snap icon is not red when releasing it because it would still be wrong).
Then test your map and compare it to your version without distance snap.

When i was doing that i was thinking:"why didn't i just use distance snap from the beginning? It is so much easier to read"

EDIT:
I seem to have too much time O_o I've done it for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vek29 ... ard%5D.osu

Just copy the .Osu file into your Map's Folder (Most likely: C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs\140720 Figure - Beetlejuice (Drumstep Mix))
It won't overwrite anything since i created a new diff.
Topic Starter
Razor Sharp

NoYzE wrote:

Hey there, i tested your map again and i like the changes :)
However there are still some problems with readability and i want to explain to you, why i am thinking this way.

[Hard]
00:04:800 (3) - Please take a look at this
00:06:400 (1) - This
00:08:400 (1) - And this

What do they have in common?
All 3 have the same spacing.
But they do not have the same timing.

As the map has a fast approach rate, you have no time looking at the approach circles, so your only chance to get an idea about the timing, is the spacing.
If you know the map well (because you mapped it^^) it is no problem, because you already know how to play it.
But people who play your map for the first time are really tricked this way, because most ranked maps stick to timed spacing and so the players learned from them that different spacings mean different timings, while same spacing is mostly same timing.
You may break this rule, but only very experienced mappers should do that, because they really know how to do it without misleading the player, or for an extra challenge in an extra insane difficulty (aimed at the very pros).

It is also important for hidden mod.
It is not fun to exactly remember the timing of every note in a 3 minute track (or 10 minute beatmap^^).
However, if you can read the timings from the spacing (or the notes follow a very clear and strictly selected beat, that is 100% not to misunderstand) you can play a map with hidden mod, without memorizing it.

If you select "Distance Snap" in the editor (below "Grid Snap" on the right side panel) and try to move a note you will see how it jumps away from the previous note and won't let you place it near the note before, because it will fit the spacing according to the difference in timing to the previous note.

It is highly recommended for new mappers to use distance snap because you will automatically make a beatmap with correct spacings.
IF you ever break the distance snap at some point, be really sure why you do this.

I know it may be hard because you sure did put in a lot of work in this, but for a feel for distance snapping you may want to try this: (Don't Save the results if you don't like it / create a new difficulty without purging the notes, so you still have your old beatmap you can revert to.)
Activate Distance Snapping, and try to move around every note in the map (be sure the distance snap icon is not red when releasing it because it would still be wrong).
Then test your map and compare it to your version without distance snap.

When i was doing that i was thinking:"why didn't i just use distance snap from the beginning? It is so much easier to read"

EDIT:
I seem to have too much time O_o I've done it for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vek29 ... ard%5D.osu

Just copy the .Osu file into your Map's Folder (Most likely: C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs\140720 Figure - Beetlejuice (Drumstep Mix))
It won't overwrite anything since i created a new diff.
Haha, i used distance snap some times xD but dude, seems like you just earned a guest diff for the map :D