forum

[Archived] I can't open OSU!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nicari_
I don't know what to do. I've just downloaded and ran the osu!installer file, the game seemed to be intalling without any problem, but when I try to open it, I just get a window that says "Hi! your osu is updated" with a charging bar, then comes the big osu icon (which shows every time you open the game) and nothing else happens. I've tried updating windows, downloading the .net framework again (I don't know if I did this well, so it might be an option to install it propperly) and restart the PC.

There was a strange thing I've noticed too. There is a file named ".require_update" in the game folders, idk what does it means or what should I do with it. (in a desperated try to fix the issue I deleted it but it appeared again).

* English isn't my first language, so I appologize for every mistake that I could've made. Hope that it could be understandable.
Blushing
So, it completely goes through the update?

It might be beneficial to see if there are any crash logs being created.

Please use the wiki link below to locate the crash log. Once you have located the crash log, please copy and paste its content into this thread here so we can take a look at it and see what is going wrong.
wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer

Though since it is acting funky in the updating screen:

Copy and paste the contents of the `update.log` into this thread. The `update.log` is found in the osu!\Logs directory wherever you have your osu! installed to.
Topic Starter
Nicari_
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2023-03-18T23:19:07.9463607Z

EventRecordID 36354

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer benny

Security

- EventData

osu!.exe
5fd21c45
atioglxx.dll
577322bc
c0000005
0015409a
01d959f008e310c7
C:\Users\benja\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atioglxx.dll
57409458-bef6-4761-8373-bf5e173ea440

There it is!
Ryu Sei
Update your graphics driver?
Blushing
Seems like your graphics drivers are messed up a little...

Try restarting your computer first then try below if restarting doesn't work.

You'll want to use a DDU or use AMD clean-up to uninstall your graphics drivers. After doing such you should probably redownload them from your manufacturer's website.
Topic Starter
Nicari_
Thanks for your responses! I will try to fix the graphics drivers issues with the DDU then. I hope it works T-T