forum

[resolved] Lost most of my beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manuuou
Today I was playing and my pc froze and i couldn't do anything on it so i decided to shut it off by using the power button. When i got back on, i noticed that most of my beatmaps were gone. I've already pressed F5 but that didnt work
Blushing
Are they in the recycle bin? If you go to your Songs folder do they show up there?

make sure you arent filtering by anything and that you arent in collections and or some other filterable
Topic Starter
Manuuou
They aren't in the recicle bin, though if i search up a name of a song i used to have and now it doesnt show up, it shows up the the Songs folder.

I'm pretty sure i don't have any filters on
Giai tich 2
If it showed up in Songs folder, they're still there. Just that your osu!.db is corrupted after an abnormal game close. Go to song select and press F5, wait a bit for the game to reload the Songs database.

The osu!.db holds the metadata for the game to reach actual maps/songs file. The game doesn't go to search for the files directly. After import or delete a beatmap, the game update that particular db file so it can reuse later.
Your db file is currently corrupted.
Topic Starter
Manuuou
I've pressed F5 on the song select and it doesn't recognize most of the maps that are in the Songs folder.

Not even the osu!.db backup worked
Blushing
well if you go into your osu! folder, do you see one or more different osu!.db files? One with osu!.db and probably one with a bunch of numbers behind it?

Try moving the one with NO NUMBERS outside of your osu folder. this should cause a reload of your entire song database, this will mark them as not played but it should help, if this is the issue.

Also, since this wasnt said before, does your star rating display settings look like this? These are found in the settings.
Topic Starter
Manuuou
Already tried all of that, nothing worked.

Ive also tried using the one with numbers as a backup but that also did nothing,

and yes i have the displayed beatmaps from 0* to 10*+
Death
Did your beatmaps even reprocess after removing your osu!.db file? Was the game closed when you removed the file?
Topic Starter
Manuuou
Oh wait I'm stupid, the game wasn't closed when i removed the osu!.db file. It's working now, thanks for all you help!!!