forum

[resolved] I don't know how to play rankeds in osu standard :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mathilev
As I already said, I don't know how to play ranked and every time I play, my rank just goes down and down. Help seriously I think I'll stop playing if I don't find a solution to this.
Giai tich 2
Any beatmaps you find here beatmapsets will be ranked or loved (the default filter).
Unless you toggle on the "All" or "Graveyard", "Pending", ...

If you play a ranked map, you'll have a score, with pp included, which will be used to determine rank.
The ranking is not realtime at all (except for the top 100 iirc).
The rank only update after you submit 1 play. (And every 24hrs or so, idk?)
At the time you finish a map, your rank will be updated.
Within the time between your 2nd last play and your last play, many other players may have achieved better scores to increase their ranks during that timeframe, therefore your rank went down.
Topic Starter
Mathilev
Thanks , So, you say it's better to practice an unranked map and then when I'm ready, I play one that can be ranked again?
Giai tich 2

Mathilev wrote:

Thanks , So, you say it's better to practice an unranked map and then when I'm ready, I play one that can be ranked again?
Imo, just play normally, eventually you'll get a good score and rank up.
Around the 6-7 digits rank range, it fluctates frequently, even from a 3-4* pass. Simply because it has more players at the almost same skill.

If your question actually ask how to maintain rank, then no, there's no easy way.

Because as I've said, other than after submitting 1 play, it also refreshes every day. And this "particular 1 play" do count unranked maps.

Unranked maps just don't give pp and ranked scores, but they do count as a recent play in your history.
As long as a map exist online (a.k.a. not a "Not submitted" map), if you play the map (iirc the threshold is reaching after 30 note/slider/tick/... or 10k point, whichever reaches first), it'll submit your play and get your rank updated.

The only way to prevent that is either logging out, or disconnecting to the Internet. And even if you do so and practice ranked maps, and FC while practicing, there's no guarantee that after you go online, you'll be able to FC again, and you may even randomly get a sightread FC. So yeah, just play normally.
Topic Starter
Mathilev
thank you very much bro , you saved me <3