forum

I Changed the Taiko Hit circles colors, But after a while they changed back to default colors.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SilverTyrant
After I changed the colors of Taiko's hit-circles to orange and green, after restarting the game the colors are changed back to red and blue permanently, even when the pngs are yellow. Why does this keep happening? A friend of mine is color blind(protanomalous) so they have issues with red-yellow and pink-purple colors which is why I wanted to change them to orange and green. After restarting osu however, the skins hit-circles colors are permanently changed back to blue and red, despite the pngs being yellow. If this cannot be fixed can someone explain why this keeps happening? Since I have another skin where the hit-circles are pink and purple and it works fine, why is this only happening to the yellow colored pngs?(edit: I just found out that you can change the circles colors based on the hitcircle overlay files not the hitcircle overlay, that was my issue sorry to bother anyone here).
Lyawi
which files were you trying to color?
Topic Starter
SilverTyrant

Lyawi wrote:

which files were you trying to color?
taikohitcircle, taikohitcircle@2x, taikobigcircle, taikobigcircle@2x. I made them yellow, half transparent so that the red and blue merged with the yellow.
JustABeginner
Hi SilverTyrant!

Unfortunately, taikohitcircle and taikobigcircle - along with @2x - are using a blend mode converted.
Meaning the red note "Don" will always blend with colour red and blue note "Kat" blend with colour blue specifically.

In general, it is likely hard to change their colours, but likely possible a bit if I remember correctly.
Topic Starter
SilverTyrant

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi SilverTyrant!

Unfortunately, taikohitcircle and taikobigcircle - along with @2x - are using a blend mode converted.
Meaning the red note "Don" will always blend with colour red and blue note "Kat" blend with colour blue specifically.

In general, it is likely hard to change their colours, but likely possible a bit if I remember correctly.
Merging them with yellow makes orange(dons) and green(katsu) circles, it worked at first, but then after restart osu decides to ignore the merge completely, that is my issue. For some reason osu does not like the yellow colored pngs. It also happened on another skin where the circles were green and orange, where they were turned back into blue and red after the game was reopened or skin was reloaded, where as a skin that has pink and purple circles doesnt get changed back like mine did. This is why I am getting confused.
Ryu Sei
I assume this is intentional by design. I tried recoloring the hit circles and it converted back to regular red/blue don/kat.
Jason X
The game is pretty much forcing red/blue, but since one can put faces/symbols on the notes using overlay, as the overlay is displayed above the taiko hitcirlce, you might be more successful using those for coloring the notes.

Just tried using taikohitcircleoverlay.png (semi-transparent, yellow) the big circles are orange/greenish, the smaller circles though stayed red/blue. (screenshot)
Topic Starter
SilverTyrant

Jason X wrote:

The game is pretty much forcing red/blue, but since one can put faces/symbols on the notes using overlay, as the overlay is displayed above the taiko hitcirlce, you might be more successful using those for coloring the notes.

Just tried using taikohitcircleoverlay.png (semi-transparent, yellow) the big circles are orange/greenish, the smaller circles though stayed red/blue. (screenshot)
did you try using changing the big circle overlay png and the regular circle png as well??
(also looking at the screenshot. The circles look really weird actually like the middle of the circles had a variation in transparency so it showed blue and red a bit still. The one I tried to edit had white borders so I just filled in the center and ignored the border which remained white, both of which kept the same transparency in the middle, so that the colors were more consistent.)
willowww

SilverTyrant wrote:

did you try using changing the big circle overlay png and the regular circle png as well??
(also looking at the screenshot. The circles look really weird actually like the middle of the circles had a variation in transparency so it showed blue and red a bit still. The one I tried to edit had white borders so I just filled in the center and ignored the border which remained white, both of which kept the same transparency in the middle, so that the colors were more consistent.)
i am the friend in question that is colourblind, playing in a skin like this gave me a pretty good session, but it would be nice to achieve more desired results, but if this is the best we can get it works well enough for the purpose :3
Jason X
quote="SilverTyrant"

SilverTyrant wrote:

Jason X wrote:

I've only tried with taikobigcircleoverlay.png and taikocircleoverlay.png, didn't try with regular taikohitcircle.png

And yea they look weird, it was literally a 2 min session to try it out, I'm not going to spend a lot of time on a skin element I'm going to delete afterward >.<
I literally made a yellow circle, then took the eraser and set it to 20% hardness, done. Also the image size is wrong, I used 110x110 instead of 128x128 =w=