forum

Don't understand some things...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Takusa_
I've been playing osu! for 2 years now but there are some things that I don't understand.

What is GD and NM?
Zelzatter Zero
NM can mean either two things:
  1. No Mod in tournament terminology, basically maps that you must play without any mods on (well except NF bcs it's mandatory in tournaments),
  2. or Normal Mod in mapping terminology, it's a request when you'll get the map modded by other people without any other exchange.
GD is Guest Difficulty, it's a difficulty in the set not made by the set owner. For example you made a mapset with 2 difficulties, but one of them isn't made by you but other people, then said difficulty is GD.
Topic Starter
Takusa_

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

NM can mean either two things:
  1. No Mod in tournament terminology, basically maps that you must play without any mods on (well except NF bcs it's mandatory in tournaments),
  2. or Normal Mod in mapping terminology, it's a request when you'll get the map modded by other people without any other exchange.
GD is Guest Difficulty, it's a difficulty in the set not made by the set owner. For example you made a mapset with 2 difficulties, but one of them isn't made by you but other people, then said difficulty is GD.
Ahh I see. I've have seen people talking about it on modding section. It's my first time mapping and I don't even know about it. Thanks!