forum

f

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nawly
D:
[[Potato]]
Full Alt: Switching hands for every single note, regardless of color. Much harder to learn especially at low bpms, nearly required to play most high level DT maps. (I'm relearning to play this way myself, it is pretty painful if you are used to something else).

Rolling Alt: Hard to explain (I used to play like this). Methods may differ but generally even groupings of notes in streams/patterns will involve you playing 2 consecutive notes with the same hand, like mania-style stair pattern. For example: ddk would be player 321 instead of 324, ddkkd is 32143. Do not recommend, it makes Full Alt-ing very hard.

Hybrid Alt: Usually some combination of Single Tapping but switching to Full Alt when things get too fast. Tons of players that ranked up single-tapping use this because it is easier on their brain than making the leap to Full Alt.

And for good measure, Single Tapping is playing each color note with its own respective single hand, usually on the "slower" parts. Patterns still have to be played with some level of alternating.