forum

[Archived] how to make osu!(lazer) consume the least resources on ios/android?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KKLC547
I sideloaded(third party downlaod) osu!(lazer) on ios iphone 7 plus which I know isn't the best device for specification so I would like to know the settings to minimize resource usage so my device will not heat up and lag spike. I am getting peak 60 fps only and average 50 fps on 1 star osu! maps and rare lag spikes, 3 star and up will bring that to 30-20 fps and frequent lag spikes. Add background video and lag spike will happen every second. I don't know if sideloaded ios osu!(lazer) is different from the one on android but I'd say it is a 1:1 copy with full functionality.

Main menu resource reduction tip would be good too because the main menu is causing heat even while idle.

Currently using default settings and multi-threaded cpu option(idk if that helps on ios)
osu!(lazer) version: 2023.305.0
Jason X
I personally don't trust any 3rd party sites that offer games that you can download for free anyway.
If you want to download lazer you can do it from GitHub (here, downloads at the very bottom).

Lazer sure does run a bit wonky on some mobile devices (especially those that aren't the newest/best in terms of hardware).
I use the following settings
From top to bottom (scrolling down the settings)

- Modified skin with no effects/overlay

- Parallax: Disabled
- Background Blur: Disabled
- Hit Lighting: Disabled

- Beatmap Skin/Colours/hitsounds: Disabled
- Storyboard/Video: Disabled

- Background dim 100%
- Background blur: 0%
- Lighten playfield: Disabled
- Fade playfield red: Disabled

- Hud overlay: Never
- Always show leaderboard: Disabled

- Snaking in/out sliders: Disabled
- Cursor trail: Disabled

The following could vary on your device, I used the settings best for my phone/play experience so you gotta try around a bit, just these settings, then play a map and see if it feels better or worse.
- Renderer: Automatic (OpenGL (Legacy))
- Frame limiter: 2x refresh rate
- Threading mode: Multithreaded
- Use hardware acceleration: Enabled

- Discord Rich Presence: Off

The mobile version of lazer (using an Android) has improved a lot from when I first used it (about a year ago), future updates can make the experience a lot better.
Hope this helps you in a way.
Topic Starter
KKLC547
oh wow, didn’t know there was an official ipa and thanks for the settings it is now playable with rare spikes on 3 star+ maps