forum

useless post, ignore this

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shurayomi

About me

Hello guys, I'm shura, I'm 18 years old and I live in Italy. I'm a student and this year i'll finish Highschool, i'll then go to university to study languages

For now i can speak:
Italian
English
French
Spanish
Japanese

I watch anime and read mangas since i was 6. I watched over 5k series (more or less) and read a lot of mangas
I love Rhythm, RPG and GDR games

About my osu!mania experience:

I first installed osu! in 2021, but I didn't play that much. Few years later, I started playing again and I loved it.
I was practicing with 4* beatmaps, I used to still make stupid mistakes while i played despite the practice, like missing some notes that i could hit easily, but i think it's normal. Perhaps.

I'd need to ask u guys something, since i'm a bit sad about this:

In short, i'm blind in one eye, and today i realized that i won't be able to improve since it limits me a lot.
I saw this friend of mine who was playing a 5* beatmap, and while watching the chart, since it would've been super hard for me to play it, i asked him: "Were u be able to read all of those notes? Or it was just manip/spam?" And he replied saying that it wasn't spam or anything like that, and that it was an easy chart to read.

He has a lot more experience than me, so it's normal for him to say that it was an easy song. But the problem is that, since i can't see at all, i won't be able to reach that kind of skills, even if i practice (i think).
So i thought that maybe it's better for me to quit instead of staying stuck at my level of skills.

I don't really know what to do :/

Thanks for your attention!
lostsilver
hello there, shura! it's nice to meet you. hope you have fun here on the forums!
Dementedduck
u will prob be able to do cool stuff eventually, itll just be harder
eg :this guy was blind in one eye too and got like 600pp scores users/246186
anyway have fun on forums ^^
Topic Starter
shurayomi

Dementedduck wrote:

u will prob be able to do cool stuff eventually, itll just be harder
eg :this guy was blind in one eye too and got like 600pp scores users/246186
anyway have fun on forums ^^
Hi, thank you for replying, i just noticed that i didn't specify the mode i play, it is osu!mania. Do you know other players with my same problem that play mania? Thanks in advance!
Dementedjet

shurayomi wrote:

About me

Hello guys, I'm shura, I'm 18 years old and I live in Italy. I'm a student and this year i'll finish Highschool, i'll then go to university to study languages

For now i can speak:
Italian
English
French
Spanish
Japanese

I watch anime and read mangas since i was 6. I watched over 5k series (more or less) and read a lot of mangas

I first installed osu! in 2021, but I didn't play that much. Few years later, I started playing again and I loved it.
I was practicing with 4* beatmaps, I used to still make stupid mistakes while i played despite the practice, like missing some notes that i could hit easily, but i think it's normal. Perhaps.

In short, i'm blind in one eye, and today i realized that i won't be able to improve since it limits me a lot.
I saw this friend of mine who was playing a 5* beatmap, and while watching the chart, since it would've been super hard for me to play it, i asked him: "Were u be able to read all of those notes? Or it was just manip/spam?" And he replied saying that it wasn't spam or anything like that, and that it was an easy chart to read.

He has a lot more experience than me, so it's normal for him to say that it was an easy song. But the problem is that, since i can't see at all, i won't be able to reach that kind of skills, even if i practice (i think).
So i thought that maybe it's better for me to quit instead of staying stuck at my level of skills.

I play mania and I have good eyes, but if you ask me, I dont think that eyesight matters too much, so I guess if you want to improve you'll need more time than others, and the limit of your skill would be a bit lower, imo ~10k pp would be max, maybe you could go beyond that

So yeah, just play consistently and there will be improvement
Topic Starter
shurayomi

jrjin228 wrote:

shurayomi wrote:

About me

For now i can speak:
Italian
English
French
Spanish
Japanese

I play mania and I have good eyes, but if you ask me, I dont think that eyesight matters too much, so I guess if you want to improve you'll need more time than others, and the limit of your skill would be a bit lower, imo ~10k pp would be max, maybe you could go beyond that

So yeah, just play consistently and there will be improvement
i'll see what i can do, maybe i won't quit. Thank you for replying
Dementedduck

shurayomi wrote:

Hi, thank you for replying, i just noticed that i didn't specify the mode i play, it is osu!mania. Do you know other players with my same problem that play mania? Thanks in advance!
hm im not sure, although mania may be easier to master than standard being half blind as it is in a smaller portion of the screen, basically itll just take 2x the amount of effort but should still be doable
maybe look into moving the play area thing to the side of the screen that is closest to ur good eye, ik you can do that i just dont know how lol
-FR
Best of luck man!
Eyesight issues are basically a curse in my family. Some were lucky but my mom is losing more and more of her eyesight. Won't be long till she is going to give up her drivers license.
My eyes will most likely turn that way too so I know what I gotta prepare for. Sometimes I feel like my eyesight really is limiting especially because I also tend to have blurry vision once my concentration starts to fade a bit.

However I'm sure that we can go a long way with enough dedication.