forum

[Archived] How to deal with a laggy computer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mangost33n
So, its been a REALLY long time since I've engaged in this community, and within the span of a few hours, I can already see why... Being very rusty, I've been playing very low difficulties to get myself warmed up (although it's not like I was playing super high difficulties to begin with lol). However, even on very simple maps with low note density, I am experiencing a decent amount of lag. So far I've considered a few possibilities as to why this is happening, but I've found that most if not all of them come back to one factor; my computer itself. I am currently running the most recent version of osu! (I couldn't figure out what the actual version was but I had just updated it today so I can only assume that it's the most recent version), I play with a screened tablet, and I have a decent amount of beatmaps downloaded. Considering the fact that I have been playing all of my PC games on a hand-me-down laptop, I can see how all of these things could be contributing to the lag. Now, the most obvious solution would probably be to get a new, better computer. However, I not only don't have the capability to get a proper gaming setup as of right now, but even if I could, I have no idea how one would go about setting up an osu! profile on a separate computer without being accused of using multiple computers (I don't know exactly how it works but I thought you could get banned for that). Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to delete some beatmaps off my computer, but other than some of the ones the game comes with, I play or intend to play most of them, and I don't know if or how I can redownload the beatmaps that came with the game. I'm sure there's a chance that there's no perfect answer for this, but I figured I'd ask because I really like osu!, and I want to play it, but I don't feel like I can play effectively with this lag problem. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
YOSHI_SANS
no you can use multiple computers :) i used to use a super laggy laptop and when i got a new one i just logged in into my account and continued playing