forum

What is polling rate of a keyboard? Do you need high polling rate to get good at mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dumd207
the title say it all guys!
Gamesnake7
The number of times your kb sends the input data to your PC

If you're looking for accuracy scores, p much yes
Stomiks
Depends on the keyboard being used. There's usually some description of a keyboard's polling rate in websites if that's what you wanna know.

And tbh, it doesn't really matter that much unless you really want some really good accuracy. A normal one should still be good.
iShanoa
Yes and no I guess. It all comes down to getting used to your Keyboard. I have two Keyboards, one with high polling rate (125hz) and one with low polling rate (40hz).

I first used a low polling rate keyboard and got used to it so when I changed my keyboard, I was hitting notes too early. Months have passed and I decided to switch back to my old keyboard and I was hitting too late and went back to my new one. XD

In summary: High polling rate = less delay in inputs, Low polling rate = more delay in inputs.
YyottaCat

iShanoa wrote:

Yes and no I guess. It all comes down to getting used to your Keyboard. I have two Keyboards, one with high polling rate (125hz) and one with low polling rate (40hz).

I first used a low polling rate keyboard and got used to it so when I changed my keyboard, I was hitting notes too early. Months have passed and I decided to switch back to my old keyboard and I was hitting too late and went back to my new one. XD

In summary: High polling rate = less delay in inputs, Low polling rate = more delay in inputs.
Low polling rate means less accurate inputs, not necessarily more delay in inputs. It’s recommended to higher polling rate keyboards whenever possible so your inputs are as accurate as possible.
Pckables

YyottaCat wrote:

iShanoa wrote:

Low polling rate means less accurate inputs, not necessarily more delay in inputs. It’s recommended to higher polling rate keyboards whenever possible so your inputs are as accurate as possible.
Both correct, really. With a low polling rate, you have no idea how it will take for the key-press to register. Could come out instantly, or even 8 ms later; you never know.
The player will be incentivized to hit earlier though, since even if the delay isn't consistent, the average is still a delay.
midgy
it does matter if yu have a bad polling rate when trying to hit stuff accurately but for the most part you won't notice
tokaku made a vid about it