forum

how do I control my god sessions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fysora
alright so ive been getting these popoffs/god sessions lately which have been helping me improve alot but my question is how do I control them. because i just randomly gain the skill to do things i wouldn’t be able to do before and it feels annoying when i hop on the next day and not be able to match any of my scores at all

a example of this where its really annoying is LN, i used to be really bad at LN but i just randomly got good at it but now it feels like whenever i play i can either play it well or just not be able to read it at all

i guess a better question is how do i get more consistent
UltraBlack
My honest opinion on how to have regular good sessions is that you cannot exagerate on a session all the time. I mean, play but not until you can't move you finger anymore, play until you start to feel tired but still have some energy. I started to see some results when i started to play only 1 hour per day. Having a stipulated time to play makes it easier. Otherwise make sure you are in your best conditions: temperature, sleep,etc. About the lns it's pretty much the same, if you actually get a good warmup (forgot to mention earlier but that counts too) you should be able to play then without problems even if you are not the best at them.
Stomiks
There really isn't anyway on how you can control good sessions, they just randomly pop up and appear when you don't expect it, so trying to chase those sessions will just make you frustrated and peform worse when playing.

Just play like you usually do (granted you don't have any bad habits that need fixing) and continue as normal. You can try to improve the conditions in which you can play the game like what ultrablack said so you'll be able to perform at your best of that day.
Topic Starter
Fysora
Yeah it seems like I can get good scores if I just warmed up better and stopped thinking about the sessions although im not sure what a warm up is I just play random maps and that warms me up
Stomiks
Warm ups are generally different for people as they have different needs. Some start by playing way easier maps, play maps that practice each of their skillsets, some use mods, etc. You can basically make a custom warm up for yourself as you see fit.

Also be sure to do some hand stretches and such to potentially avoid injury, as I believe that it should be universal when doing warm ups of any kind.