forum

Mods for each player in multiplayer mode [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CoCoMW
Hey. Recently i'd been playing easy maps with my friends, which aren't as good as me ^^ , and i'm bored :D And i'm wondering is there a posibility to setup mods for each player in multi mode. I can see in that way : Each player can pick up mods for itself, without / with host permission.
GladiOol
Uhm, no support here
You play the multiplayer-game together so you can compare scores, and see who's the 'best' in that map from the players who were in your room.
If you want to play DT, go play solo and spectate each other? :P
Topic Starter
CoCoMW
Either you didn't understand me , or my idea sucks ;P. But if i would have "hidden" mode , i could compare with them, otherwise i win all the time
nardii

Gladi wrote:

You play the multiplayer-game together so you can compare scores, and see who's the 'best' in that map from the players who were in your room.
Okay guys, who called the fun police? Well thanks a lot, now all our friendly non-competitive multiplayer matches are ruined :(

I approve of this, just make it an option that the host can choose to enable.
anonymous_old
When I got one of my non-osu! friends to play osu!, I was pretty bored playing maps with them. At first I thought mods could be set individually (like the No Video mod), but they can't.

I'm for this.
Gabi
sorry no support. this looks rather odd... maybe maybe very very little support if it's a togglable option for the room...
anonymous_old
I support since some of the higher skilled friends i play with put on mods.. and i uhh prefer to toggle them off.
adam2046
Having one person have half time on and another have double time would be terrible as you'd have to forever for one person to finish.
peppy
If this was implemented, the obvious half/doubletime mods would not be available.
Derekku
I can only see this working if the host can toggle the option on and off. (For obvious reasons)

Showing each person's mod(s) next to their name in the ready-room would be cool, too.
Hanyuu

Derekku Chan wrote:

I can only see this working if the host can toggle the option on and off. (For obvious reasons)

Showing each person's mod(s) next to their name in the ready-room would be cool, too.
yes i think that too. its not a bad idea but if the time mods not work its a bit stupid :(
Sleep Powder
All mods but half time/double time. Everyone needs to end playing at the same time....its pretty reasonable actually.
Gens
Makes sense...

It'd be nice.
Gabi
how about bringing back that idea about multiplayer power ups? would be so much more fun. this is just awkward having people decide when they want to use hidden/FL etc <_<.
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

how about bringing back that idea about multiplayer power ups? would be so much more fun. this is just awkward having people decide when they want to use hidden/FL etc <_<.
The intent of this feature request is to level the playing field so newer players can compete against higher-leveled players.
Derekku
(bump) Just came across this thread again while searching for a different one. :v

I still think that this would be nice, as well as tying in with this request.
Zetta

Derekku wrote:

(bump) Just came across this thread again while searching for a different one. :v

Holy bump batman!

I sort of agree with this mod.

Would your score remain the same amongst friends in the current game or would your score take on the multiplier of the mod?

It's a shame that DT will never be incorporated though, that's the most fun mod. :(
Yunacat
<3 I really like this idea. I was actually confused when I realized it didn't exist already, because its such a good idea...

The DT/HT thing I think is good to remove because of the amount of time (If you want to play DT or HT everyone should have to so they all complete at the same time)

Like most others seem to have said, I also agree that it should have to be enabled by the leader of the room first.
Nuttar
Sounds great, along with this

Derekku wrote:

Galkan
+1
Feno_old
Support, this would be awesome.
Sakisan

Sakisan2 wrote:

I would like to see the opportunity to chose mods individually in multiplayer games.
Here are a few advantages that I see :

- It's a strategic choice where players can estimate their ability to beat other players on a first try in any mod combination.
- Let's more experienced players have more fun when playing with new players.
- Let's you practice a certain mod / let's you show off even if your friends don't want to practice that mod.
- No fail for who doesn't want to see their notes all gray and dont care about their acc stats, but no 0.5 multiplier for those who don't pick it.

A couple problems and solutions to them:

- the haltime mod could be annoying if one person picks it, I'd suggest not to enable that mod in multiplayer in that case.
- I'd leave doubletime, but then we should sync the double time hits (300,100,50,X) with the others.

I'm sure there are more, if you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to post.

Mustaash wrote:

I don't think so it's a good idea.
Since you have logically someone who is more pro than you ( except Cookiezi's case ) So it's fun to see everybody playing with the same average of difficulty on the map and the same mods and then you can see who you can beat or who you can't.
Adding individuals mods in multiplayer games aren't supposed to be good.
So Let the people talk about..
ouranhshc
No offense, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having multiplayer. If you really want to be able to choose your own mods then why not just play solo. To me multiplayer is more for sake of having fun by playing with others and less for ranks. If your friend really wants to show you something, then you can just spectate them
Sakisan
Are you saying mods are only for ranks and not for fun?
My idea of adding individual mods in multiplayer is in no way related to ranks or records, but exactly to have the fun we're looking for.
Sakura
I play Hidden often because it's more fun to me, not because i care about the ranked score i get.
Winshley
I apparently can read beat objects better with Hidden mod than without.
Espionage724
I play multiplayer with friends just to play. I could care less about scoring and stuff, but since my friend is at a lesser skill level then myself (not sure how to word that nicer :/), he hosts and chooses songs with difficulty I can FC without problem, and it gets boring. Songs and difficulties I pick usually end up with him failing, then him quitting in rage :p

Me having the ability to put on mods like hidden or flashlight on lower difficulty songs would be pretty nice, if they only affected me of course. That way, my friend can still play and pass songs, and I can get some fun (and practice with hidden and flashlight) out of it :)

I would imagine allowing "every" mod though wouldn't be good though. Specifically, I'm talking about time-altering mods though (half/double time). I don't see any problem with just hidden, flashlight, no-fail, sudden death, and easy though on Head to Head. Hard Rock might become some type of problem on tag or co-op though.