forum

[resolved] Beatmap file size is too large

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wddg
I'm currently mapping a full album and there are a lot of songs, so I'm mapping a lot of difficulties. But I sadly can't upload a big portion of the difficulties because it says the beatmap's file size is too large.
Does anyone know how I can make the beatmap's file size smaller?

The beatmap: beatmapsets/1984380#mania/4121490
[[[[[[
you can increase the filesize allowed by:
1. create a new diff named Marathon
2. place 1 circle at the end
3. upload the map normally
Topic Starter
wddg

dPeace wrote:

you can increase the filesize allowed by:
1. create a new diff named Marathon
2. place 1 circle at the end
3. upload the map normally
I have did what you said, it worked for making the difficulties but when I put the mp3's of each song in folder It becomes too big again.
Zelzatter Zero
For sets like that it's better to use a very long audio file (30 mins minimum, silent file preferred to minimize the size), create the diff using such file and add an object at the end.
lewski

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

For sets like that it's better to use a very long audio file (30 mins minimum, silent file preferred to minimize the size), create the diff using such file and add an object at the end.
there's no point in making it that long

wiki wrote:

The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB.
(100MB - 5MB) / 10MB/min = 9.5min is all u need in order to get the maximum limit
Topic Starter
wddg

lewski wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

wiki wrote:

The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB.
(100MB - 5MB) / 10MB/min = 9.5min is all u need in order to get the maximum limit
I put 10 minutes of silence and the error doesn't come up anymore, but it get's stuck at "creating package" when I try to update the map.
Topic Starter
wddg

wddg wrote:

lewski wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

wiki wrote:

I put 10 minutes of silence and the error doesn't come up anymore, but it get's stuck at "creating package" when I try to update the map.
tried again today and now it has went back to the beatmap is too large error. Still unable to update the map
Topic Starter
wddg
Cancelled the project entirely. Just gonna make it a single map. [resolved]