forum

[Archived] Massive lag issues on cursor movement related to Discord(?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VP757
As of about 2 days ago I've been experiencing an issue with the game having huge frame drops (down to <1 fps) when simply moving the cursor almost anywhere in the game. When there is no cursor movement the game runs at an expected fps, but on almost any cursor movement the game starts to drop frames wildly, typically changing on intensity depending on how fast I move the cursor. I'm using an inbuilt laptop touch-pad, USB mouse and a drawing tablet and they all act similarly.
Restarting the PC usually fixes the issue but it always comes back to normal after ~30min. I have also tried changing the frame limiter, starting in compatibility mode and changing resolution and they all produce exactly the same results

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)

Specs: Microsoft Windows 11 Home
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1280P, 2000Mhz, 14 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
32 GB RAM
Topic Starter
VP757
No way, I think figured it out (mostly)! Turns out it was Discord causing the issue. Closing discord solved the issue completely, but doing that every time just to play osu! isn't very helpful really, so that's just a bit of a bandaid fix for now I guess.
So yeah, my issue still stands more or less, hopefully someone can help out if there's anything that else that could be done would be great thanks!
(btw. disabled discord game overlay & discord hardware acceleration and it still happens)
Ryu Sei
It might be related to your mouse poll rate.
Topic Starter
VP757
huh that somehow also fixes the issue at ~250Hz polling rate, but that still doesn't really explain why it's happening on this computer and why it's so inconsistent, strange