forum

How to remove ranks and mods in multiplayer lobbies? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Twisted_Chimera
I would like to prevent myself from looking at people's ranks or their mod choices (excluding NM) in multiplayer lobbies.

Theoretically, you could modify mod icons to black boxes that covers the rank as well.

Fixed with white.
You need to use hotkeys to select mods.
You need to disable interface to play without seeing white.

selection-mod-hidden.png https://imgur.com/a/vUe4M5q (465 bytes)
Replaced mods: easy, flashlight, hardrock, hidden, nofail, perfect, suddendeath, relax, spunout
Aireunaeus
but why though?
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

but why though?
Makes it more fun with the mystery?
Topic Starter
Twisted_Chimera

Aireunaeus wrote:

but why though?
Helps prevent comparing myself to other players. Ideally ranking panel and in-game leaderboard should be blocked as well, I only need to know how well I performed without seeing the players I'm competing with.

Another benefit is to avoid losing my mental over people choosing mods, switching mods, and seeing obvious derankers and whatever mod choices they choose.

I decided the best way to prevent this is to not even look at the ranks and mod choices of the people I'm playing with. I don't look at the ranking panel at the end of maps and press escape instantly. Last thing I need is to block the leaderboards at the left of the screen during gameplay. All I need to know is my current placement in the leaderboard if I look at it at all. I don't need to know who I'm playing with.

One other thing I do to help my mental is to avoid #Multiplayer chat, and only hang out in #osu chat. To completely turn everyone I'm playing with into essentially anonymous players with no interaction with me other than their placements relative to me.

tl;dr: I don't wanna see, nor talk to who I'm playing with, their ranks, nor their mod choices, just my placements. Helps my mental and keeps me focused.

** In league terms, I mute all and disable pings.
Aireunaeus

Twisted_Chimera wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

but why though?
Helps prevent comparing myself to other players. Ideally ranking panel and in-game leaderboard should be blocked as well, I only need to know how well I performed without seeing the players I'm competing with.

Another benefit is to avoid losing my mental over people choosing mods, switching mods, and seeing obvious derankers and whatever mod choices they choose.

I decided the best way to prevent this is to not even look at the ranks and mod choices of the people I'm playing with. I don't look at the ranking panel at the end of maps and press escape instantly. Last thing I need is to block the leaderboards at the left of the screen during gameplay. All I need to know is my current placement in the leaderboard if I look at it at all. I don't need to know who I'm playing with.

One other thing I do to help my mental is to avoid #Multiplayer chat, and only hang out in #osu chat. To completely turn everyone I'm playing with into essentially anonymous players with no interaction with me other than their placements relative to me.

tl;dr: I don't wanna see, nor talk to who I'm playing with, their ranks, nor their mod choices, just my placements. Helps my mental and keeps me focused.

** In league terms, I mute all and disable pings.
hmm i see, a great way to ignore other players. i might try that too