forum

Why do long notes kill my accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shxdowsk8r_osu
This is a question I've been wondering for a while. When I hit a long note, and then the note finishes, I either get a great or a good. I hit the long notes in time, but it still kills my accuracy. Am I doing something wrong or what?
Stomiks
Do you let go of the hold at the end of the long note? I'm not good at explaining it, so it's better if you take a read at this wiki and go to the hold notes section
15C
I also used to do this. The trick to getting good acc on longnotes is not like other games similar to osu mania. At the end, you need to let go of the long note where it ends. Basically you dont really have to look at it all the way down when doing an LN, just look at the length, listen to the music, and then estimate how long exactly it really is. With practice, you can just do LNs without thinking and will get maxes
Stickman92
LN is likely a skill you haven't practiced much, so its normal to not have good accuracy on it. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Accuracy on LN will improve with time and practice. Develop that finger control & co-ordination and learn the patterns.

Basically, play more LN and you'll get good at it.