forum

[Archived] osu freezes when alt tabbed but is still running (fixed i guess)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tttiiny
Okay so basically when i alt tab, the game just looks like it turns into windowed but when i tab back into it, the game appears to freeze when in fact i can still interact with anything (i cant see what i interact with because the screen freezed). Othe applications i have running is working normally and it's only osu that's experiencing this. It worked just fine yesterday.

So far i've tried disabling 'full screen optimisation', disabling 'Run as admin', as well as turning compatibility mode on and off for windows 8 & 7. It did not help. In-game compatibility mode also did nothing.
Tried switching game version from Stable to Cutting Edge but nope that didnt help either.
Also, i reinstalled the game and it didnt worked too.

apparently there's another report 1 month ago with the same problem on r/osu

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20230319

edit : nevermind for whatever reason compatibility mode fixed it i am genuinely flabergasted. issue fixed i guess.
Blushing
So you tried enabling native fullscreen? and have the resolution set to the full size of your monitor? What about in your graphics driver/card control panel? Is that set to something like fullscreen as well?
Topic Starter
tttiiny

Blushing wrote:

So you tried enabling native fullscreen? and have the resolution set to the full size of your monitor? What about in your graphics driver/card control panel? Is that set to something like fullscreen as well?
yes, by default i have native fullscreen on. geforce experience showed the same settings as in-game settings.