forum

mapping community

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kirkles
is the mapping community a small community? or would you consider it a niche kind of community?

just curious to know as I'm trying to get into the community but can't seem to find discords etc. with active mappers!

maybe it's a me problem and I just suck at finding people but yeah
Gsun
The mapping community is really small relative to the number of players. I mean, I was told there were either 500 or 20K mappers in the community.
I AM VERY SMART
Very few osu players will really be interested in mapping so maybe that it's a small community.
Gsun

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Very few osu players will really be interested in mapping so maybe that it's a small community.
Interesting.
I AM VERY SMART

Gsun wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Interesting.
When I say that I don't mean people who map just for fun but people who want to have lots of ranked maps
Gsun
okay, well yeah. Totally.
Hoshimegu Mio
It used to be a massive part of gameplay but now it has shrunk to just a small portion of people.
lewski

YyottaCat wrote:

It used to be a massive part of gameplay but now it has shrunk to just a small portion of people.
sort of true cause it used to be more important in the community as a whole

but 1) that's ancient history at this point and 2) mapping is bigger than ever, playing has just grown more
Randomness64
as a mapper,i can see why no one does it,its boring and honestly time consuming,and usually most mappers do it for one of two reasons: either to rank his set,or to map a ''popular'' song to boost his numbers,

and then there is mappers for fun (like me).
lewski
i reeeeally dont think most mappers map for those reasons lol

if they thought it was that boring way fewer people would bother
-Doodle

lewski wrote:

i reeeeally dont think most mappers map for those reasons lol

if they thought it was that boring way fewer people would bother
hi lewis
-White
hi lewis