forum

[Archived] Hard lag because of a setting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ItzMqds
Problem details: So i clicked on a setting in osu! and now I can't even get into settings and it just lags, like it's literally unplayable. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and I even deleted the osu folder.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
- Marco -
Try holding shift while launching osu and changing the settings from there
Topic Starter
ItzMqds

- Marco - wrote:

Try holding shift while launching osu and changing the settings from there
doesn't work i literally can't open setting no matter what i do
Ryu Sei
Before clicking osu! link, hold Shift. Then, click the shortcut while keep holding the button until this menu shows up.

From there, you can turn on/off compatibility mode and change frame rate limiter. Let us know if you still can't open the launcher!
Topic Starter
ItzMqds

Ryu Sei wrote:

Before clicking osu! link, hold Shift. Then, click the shortcut while keep holding the button until this menu shows up.

From there, you can turn on/off compatibility mode and change frame rate limiter. Let us know if you still can't open the launcher!
EDIT: i got the thing to open but there seems to be nothing wrong the compatibility mode is off and i put the fps to limitless so it should work but it still doesn't
Death
You can try turning it on. It's possible it was on before and you disabled it. You can also reset all of your settings from that window if this truly started happening immediately after clicking on something.

Otherwise, please try following the steps found here. It's possible that it was just a coincidence that the game started lagging around the time you changed a setting.