forum

Tablet Active Area Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Ruby Rose -
I recently started using a tablet and I've been hearing lots of people say that they use full area but there's one thing that comes to my mind that I haven't seen people mention. Bamboo CTL460 has an maximum active area of 4.9" by 3.4", Bamboo CTL470 of 5.8" by 3.6" and Intuos CTL480(small) of 6.0" by 3.7". That being said, solely saying "full area" quite differs depending on the tablets used. I have the Intuos CTL480 (positive reviews lured me into buying this one) and I am uncertain as to which "full area" may be most optimal. Going full area on Intuos, 6" by 3.7" seems realllll hard to do very fast jumps that go all over the map since I have to move my pen really fast to the point where I can't follow up (perhaps i can improve, dunno). For example, The Quick Brown Fox- The Big Black, incredibly impossibru, I don't see a way of following up on that with a full area on my tablet. :cry:
Any suggestions???

Thanks~
[ Zan ]
It's not necessarily full area, but the largest area that you're COMFORTABLE with. So if full area isn't easy for you, make it smaller until it suits your liking.
JAKACHAN
I have played with both the CTL460 and CTL470 and have played completely full on both. It is possible on both and seeing as how the active area on the 480 is barely increased from the 470 it is indeed possible. However, I played with full area for 2 years and learned to play that way. I recommend running full area and downsizing your osu! window as that is what I do nowadays.
MiDNiGhT2903
I can't play full area with fullscreen 1080p, so I just reduce it to half or somewhere thr.
I still don't get how ppl play full area and fullscreen, the sheer movement needed just blows my mind.
Flat_Stanley
It's totally up to you how big or small you want your tablet area to be. Tbh, you can get used to any area and be fine with it, it's all about playing with that area a lot. I switched from a quite small area to a larger area about 2 weeks ago and I'm still not completely used to it. It can take a while, but, as everybody says, this whole game is just practice. I can't see how people can use the ENTIRE tablet area, but a good amount of good ranked players use full area so obviously it works.
[ Katsu ]

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

I can't play full area with fullscreen 1080p, so I just reduce it to half or somewhere thr.
I still don't get how ppl play full area and fullscreen, the sheer movement needed just blows my mind.
It's absolute positioning, the movement required doesn't change with higher resolutions.

At least not how I figure it...
buny

[ Katsu ] wrote:

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

It's absolute positioning, the movement required doesn't change with higher resolutions.

At least not how I figure it...
he probably meant that he changed the window resolution of osu