forum

Game Mods Score Multipliers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
meteor22
I've noticed something is very wrong with score multipliers. I don't even know who came up with those in the first place. You have to change it.

In a lot of insane maps, we can see a bunch of HR HD scores, and only ONE or two DT scores. But because the DT score takes way more skill, it has less accuracy and thus is stolen the 1st place.

You're going to say just add HD to DT score, but DT alone is way harder than HRHD, everyone knows that.
(also it makes me sad when I see DT scores who are beaten by FL scores not even legit)

Increase that DT multiplier asap pls.
strikeR
don't understimate fl players. FL takes as lot of skill as DT, only that some players focus on FL and others on DT because personal preference...
also is not always dt>hdhr , score accuracy with hr is really hard(od+ ar+ cs+)
Multipliers are fine as they are now.
Keichi-kun
DT and FL should be at 0,14 to be balanced
Topic Starter
meteor22

strikeR wrote:

don't understimate fl players. FL takes as lot of skill as DT, only that some players focus on FL and others on DT because personal preference...
I'm not comparing DT and FL those are two very differents mods. But very often you can see a lot of FL's and very few DT's, so you should valorise that.

But my point was not about FL, only that DT > HR HD in difficulty but not in scores. In fast maps scores DT's are always more difficult to FC and to have good acc you cant even argue that
AmaiHachimitsu
It's not going to be changed.

It's like that since ever, the mistake was made at the very beginning but can't really blame anyone.

Deal with it. Use tp rank for skilled players (more or less)
Topic Starter
meteor22
Osutp is only for general ranking, it does not show ranking for each map.

Who decided the multipliers in the first place, peppy? Somebody go ask him to change pls.
uzzi
Like Amai said, it's a bit late to change it now... also use tp, go get top 50 ranks if you aren't satisfied.
Topic Starter
meteor22
Don't be dumb he can always change it if he wants. It is very easy, only change a freaking formula and do some computation.

My ranks and preferences are unrelated to the subject, dunno why you mention it...
JAKACHAN

meteor22 wrote:

strikeR wrote:

I'm not comparing DT and FL those are two very differents mods. But very often you can see a lot of FL's and very few DT's, so you should valorise that.

But my point was not about FL, only that DT > HR HD in difficulty but not in scores. In fast maps scores DT's are always more difficult to FC and to have good acc you cant even argue that

Fast maps DT scores can be more difficult but go play a small circle size map with confusing patterns and HD HR it and tell me it's easier than DT. In general they should be balanced but it is too late now and you just have to deal with it. The majority of DT players can usually play HD as well anyway and outscore all the HD HR.
WolfCoder

meteor22 wrote:

Don't be dumb he can always change it if he wants. It is very easy, only change a freaking formula and do some computation.

My ranks and preferences are unrelated to the subject, dunno why you mention it...
It's only a change a "freaking formula and do some computation" on every single Osu score ever played until the end of time.

Quite a bit from just "some computation", peppy would have to down Osu! for quite some time.
nrl
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't HR worth more than HD at some point?
Keichi-kun
Yea Peppy should balance the mods FL >= DT > HR > HD it's not to late, no need to change the scores
DakeDekaane
Because almost 6 years isn't too late.
buny
The people that get high accuracy on hdhr tend to grind the map for such accuracy, and same with dt scores
they are pretty balanced in a sense, some maps are easier to dt than to hdhr and some maps are easier to hdhr than to dt
Aqo
moderately spaced 125bpm OD7 stream

DT = easy peasy
HRHD = no thanks

the entire concept of fixed mod multipliers is bad because each map gets different increased difficulty per mod, and while it looks like some mods are always harder than others in mainstream maps it really -depends-

would you rather DT a 130bpm marathon map or FL it

without dynamic score calculation based on map difficulty scores will always be bad 99.9% with sliderbreak loses to 80% FC. genius and you should just ignore them and play for your own personal goals and not to farm top ranks
buny
it is pretty dumb that hdhr gives more than dt though
Keichi-kun

buny wrote:

The people that get high accuracy on hdhr tend to grind the map for such accuracy, and same with dt scores
they are pretty balanced in a sense, some maps are easier to dt than to hdhr and some maps are easier to hdhr than to dt
No, you can HD,HR every map you can DT except very very small circle maps which is very rare, but the opposite is way harder like remote,carnival and that have to be reward more than the same multiplier as HD,HR without have to use HD with DT
buny

Keichi-kun wrote:

buny wrote:

No, you can HD,HR every map you can DT except very very small circle maps which is very rare, but the opposite is way harder like remote,carnival and that have to be reward more than the same multiplier as HD,HR without have to use HD with DT
that doesn't mean that hdhr is easier than every dt map though

maps with slow streams could actually be more beneficial to dt rather than hdhr as most players can't do slow streams as well as fast streams accuracy wise.
dt is also a lot easier to sight read than hdhr, only few selected players could get 99%+ on their first try on hdhr but other players could spend hundreds to thousands of playcounts strugging to get past 97%+.
Keichi-kun

Aqo wrote:

moderately spaced 125bpm OD7 stream

DT = easy peasy
HRHD = no thanks

the entire concept of fixed mod multipliers is bad because each map gets different increased difficulty per mod, and while it looks like some mods are always harder than others in mainstream maps it really -depends-

would you rather DT a 130bpm marathon map or FL it

without dynamic score calculation based on map difficulty scores will always be bad 99.9% with sliderbreak loses to 80% FC. genius and you should just ignore them and play for your own personal goals and not to farm top ranks
Yea you're right but my goal is to be in top rank and mods don't help it's why i complain
buny
you just have to deal with it
that's the fate of dt players, they'll never get as much peppy points as hdhr players and so they'll always remain at lower ranking

also the whole reason peppy can't change the formula is because then every other map will have to have their scores wiped.
wiping a few years of scores isn't really appealing, a lot of people would be angry and it's not like they didn't put any effort into getting their scores either
Aqo

Keichi-kun wrote:

my goal is to be in top rank
then farm lowdiffs

if you think ranks mean anything then you're playing the wrong game, all they mean is how much free time you have to spend on boring redundant activity
rankings will never reward you for truly difficult plays that take skills not many people have and any change to mod multipliers won't fix this
show more