forum

[Archived] Input latency suddenly increased dramatically

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
corrot
I usually average 1-1.5ms latency in game however one day I opened up osu to see that it has spiked to 5ms and is refusing to go any lower. The frame rate has also dropped from 900 to 200. I didn't mess with any osu settings, download anything suspicious, or am running any high resource consuming applications. I tried tweaking some graphic settings in game and nothing seems to do anything. Everything looks normal in task manager. Does anyone have any idea about whats happening and how to fix?

Laptop: Gigabyte G5KD
GPU: 3060 laptop
CPU: i5 11400
RAM: 16gb
BlueChinchompa
I've been hearing a lot of people saying something like this recently after they updated. Very weird this hasnt happened to me yet. (Well my delay slightly, but nothing game breaking)
- Marco -
I thought it was something with AMD drivers but i guess that's not it. Does the issue solve if you plug in the laptop? Also try checking wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting#input-latency
Topic Starter
corrot

- Marco - wrote:

I thought it was something with AMD drivers but i guess that's not it. Does the issue solve if you plug in the laptop? Also try checking wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting#input-latency
Yes my laptop is plugged in. I checked the wiki and it doesn't seem to fix the issue.