forum

tips on nerve control?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Reset
mainly happens when im trying to snipe a previous score i set or if im putting up a score i didnt expect to, nerves kick in and i end up choking it
Dementedjet
Not really much to say here, because the trait of being nervous on something new is from our ancestors, but maybe you could try to relate to maps as casually as possible and not to fill up your head with various thoughts like: 'if you can do it or not' and 'is this the new pp record?'

I'm not too nervous on maps, and the problem of choking has became smaller, so yeah, try to be chill about that

Oh and also you could just disable leaderboard on plays so you dont know if you beat your score or not
Stomiks
Gonna repost what I said on a similar G&R post since nerves are universal among rhythm games:

Stomiks wrote:

Play more and more runs that make you nervous and you'll slowly get used to it.
Try removing your HUD interface.
Stop caring for FCs and such. Just say "oh cool" whenever you get one. Basically don't get attached.
Stickman92
If ya focus on the nerves, you aren't in a state to perform well, and you'll likely choke it

I focus on performing well. For me that means I'm listening to the music and reading the notes. Doing that keeps my head busy so the nerves don't fill my head with distracting thoughts. If I notice the nerves taking over, I bring my focus back to performing well.