forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Mania ranking chart scoring scales incorrectly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Problem Details:

Direct to the point, Some players exceeds the maximum score of mania chart. I do not know if this a bug or hax but I think it is going too far and unfair for other players who are participating.

Best example was the latest November 2013 Ranking Chart of October. SARASNOW took the first place with unbelievable 22M. Same with Oujo with 8M. Most of players are below 6M which should be the maximum score of the mania chart listed since it has only 6 songs (Mania's maximum score per map is 1M). And now in November Ranking Chart, Oujo exceed to the score limit again.

Many of mania players are also questioning about these guys. look at their feedbacks on the latest announcement: https://osu.ppy.sh/news/70815393190

---------------------------------------------------------------
Video or screenshot showing the problem:
its already in the site so here are the links:

OCTOBER RANKING CHART: Mania - https://osu.ppy.sh/p/chart/?ch=MONTH13102&m=3
(take a look of SARASNOW's and Oujo's score)

NOVEMBER RANKING CHART: Mania - https://osu.ppy.sh/p/chart/?ch=MONTH1311&m=3
(Oujo's exceeded the limit again owning all the players with ease. As I observed she's a 6k player, and she plays 6k mods as always which should reduce her multiplier in ranking score)

We just want a clear explanation of this or atleast a fix. Thanks o/ :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

osu! version: 20131216.26 (latest)
TheVileOne
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. How did he get 20 million on osu! mania off 6 sets?
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. How did he get 20K million on osu! mania off 6 sets?
Yeah its really weird or suspicious. That can be happen if each difficulty gives score but hey it doesnt work that way, most players dont exceed 6M. Its really strange. :?
iJXL
wow i never realised that :O
Naruse Maria
I think it's bugged. Oujo is a friend of mine and i know her for quite a time and she isn't someone who'd cheat, she doesn't even know how she got that score in the first place. Some play [Easy] [Normal] and get ranking score equal to their actual score with stacking effect?, While i think most ( including me ) Played hardest difficulty available yet got a ranking score deducted by 60-100k. > http://puu.sh/5L4m4.jpg <

I made a similar thread regarding about this issue, But wasn't entertained
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Lets just wait for the staff to answer this mystery. If still not entertained, I'll ask peppy directly for ya guys :3
Haron_old_1
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/chart/?ch=MONTH1311&m=3 #1 Oujo 6kk+, but only 6 maps wtf...
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Yeah.. still no actions from above :v
TheVileOne
I've been busy. Perhaps Marcin could contact the correct people about this. I will contact Millhiore eventually if nothing is done. This isn't particularly high priority at the moment.
//Marcin's Edit: I have already did.
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
I see, but I think this issue is too much for those who are aiming for #1 in the chart, especially when it comes to the prize. Even many mania players in feedbacks are complaining about it. I think it should be prioritize and must be fixed as soon as possible before the end of the current monthly chart.

calling for peppy :v
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
bump :v
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
bumpy bumpy :v
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
bump bump /o/
sheela
It's sure weird. But, isn't it the difficulties in the maps that gave them more points?
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Its like easy/normal difficulties only contains 800k scores. playing the hardest difficulty will give you a maximum 1M and it will not exceed. :/
sheela

arcwinolivirus wrote:

Its like easy/normal difficulties only contains 800k scores. playing the hardest difficulty will give you a maximum 1M and it will not exceed. :/
But every difficulty played in o!m is 1,000,000 points
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Bump bump haha increasing my post while no high ups checking this xD
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus

sheela901 wrote:

arcwinolivirus wrote:

But every difficulty played in o!m is 1,000,000 points
Yes, but in terms of ranking score, When you play easy or normal difficulty even if you get 1M, You'll only get an approximate maximum of 800k. That's how it works
MillhioreF
There's definitely something very wrong with chart scaling here. Confirmed (it happened last month too, but went unnoticed)
Bara-
Yeah, on a chart I played all maps in Normal-Hard range, all of them were 900.000+
Total score 2.500.000 What the hell, I should got 5.500.000, or with the maximum around 4.200.000, but this is just weird
Topic Starter
arcwinolivirus
Atlast the problem is confirmed. The monthly chart ended today though. Then the 1st will receive the reward? :v
peppy
This is correct behaviour.
yoshilove