forum

how to avoid careless errors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ilikepudge
Whenever I play osu this problem seems to occur, especially the more i play a map.(I sight read better than playing experienced songs)
uzzi
What do you refer to as a 'careless error'?
Topic Starter
ilikepudge
like just missing notes cause i lost concentration
Gigo
Just... try to concentrate more? Really, I doubt anyone would give you much better advise. Aside from the obvious "Play Scarlet Rose"!
Icyteru
Play multiplayer
Coffee Hero
The more you play the more consistent you'll be.
NoYzE
Practice
Zare
Such random misses occur when you aren't reading the map consciously. My advice would be to practice playing low AR for a while, by using the EZ mod. That way you will not lose your focous anymore, sicne you need to read the maps object by object
brendanuhs
inb4 play scarlet rose
winber1
stop playing osu 100% success rate guaranteed
buny

winber1 wrote:

can't miss if there aren't any dots on the screen to begin with
Mizuno Yui
I have another example of "careless errors": I'm playing a beatmap, and have a nice combo/great acc and feeling really good about myself :D Upon the first mistake my first reaction is "f*ck this sh*t" instead of just ignoring the missed note (I'm not doing this on purpose, it lasts only 1 - 2 secs, but it's usually enough to fail the song). Have no idea how to help it, though :(
WolfCoder

winber1 wrote:

Almost
Maybe you should just take a break and come back to it later.
JAKACHAN
I see basically every top 50 player make careless mistakes all the time. It's part of being a human being, we aren't perfect and we tend to make mistakes you just have to deal with it. The best way to look at it is: If I got there in the first place I can do it again.
Stregan
Just concentrate if you're already pissed off at it just do it again later since frustration really affects gameplay IMO and I agree with JAKACHAN
-GN

buny wrote:

winber1 wrote:

can't miss if there aren't any dots on the screen to begin with
yeah but no circles hit gives you 0% accuracy too!
Mamoru Senpai

WolfCoder wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Sorry for the Off-Topic but what game is this?
ksg
MiDNiGhT2903
Well I sure don't like Pudge, but anyway if you continuously play a map, you might get kinda annoyed and get bad at it. Just try to play other maps and go back to it later.