forum

RPGs are so cool

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ymir
I love singleplayer games man, ooooh heres some gold, do these quests, I'll be a little monkey and I'll do my little tasks. I will raise my stats and collect cool items.
Why do RPG's feel so satisfying even though it's just a pointless grindfest? Also, recommend me some. Muchos arigatos.
Jangsoodlor
pls play chrono trigger
Karmine
Yeah, I love JRPGs

I AM VERY SMART
Elden ring

Chill RPG game :)
Stomiks
Seeing a number get bigger is just satisfying man
I AM VERY SMART

Stomiks wrote:

PP farmers mfs be like
Stomiks

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

PP farmers mfs be like
In this case it's my ATK stat going up while I don't bother with shit for HP and Defense
Karmine

Stomiks wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

PP farmers mfs be like
In this case it's my ATK stat going up while I don't bother with shit for HP and Defense
The good old glass cannon build, I love it but doesn't always work
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

PP farmers mfs be like
The good old glass cannon build, I love it but doesn't always work
It probably takes me 10-100 attempts for it to work depending on the game. After 100 I give in and put some points into HP stats.
Reyalp51
the mario and luigi rpgs are fire
Duck o-o
disgaea series is good, its mainly meant as a parody of tactical rpgs and is quite funny imo
also u can do stuff such as getting your characters to hit for quadrillions of damage
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
If you like old school action rpgs you can try playing Ys series. I am currently playing through Oath in Felghana for the second time ( first time on very easy, now on normal), and it's so much fun :)
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

They have their own RPGs too???
Karmine

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

If you like old school action rpgs you can try playing Ys series. I am currently playing through Oath in Felghana for the second time ( first time on very easy, now on normal), and it's so much fun :)
I always wanted to try them, never got to it
There are too many series I want to try but they have like 20+ games each and I don't know where to start, also don't have time to play them all
Stomiks

Reyalp51 wrote:

My lord I loved those games as a kid. They were pretty much what I only played on my old DS lmao. I personally like Partners in Time the most.
I AM VERY SMART
I feel like I missed out on something crazy...
synthwavesquid
this thread reminded me i should probs continue playing earthbound
I AM VERY SMART

octowave wrote:

Same with Omori
Karmine

octowave wrote:

Ah yes, the meme music game :P
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

octowave wrote:

Is Sans Ness?
Karmine

Stomiks wrote:

Karmine wrote:

octowave wrote:

Is Sans Ness?
???
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Karmine wrote:

octowave wrote:

Is Sans Ness?
???
No way you haven't heard of it

Reyalp51

Stomiks wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Karmine wrote:

octowave wrote:

Is Sans Ness?
???
No way you haven't heard of it

Megalomania came from a earthbound hallowen roomhack Toby did
Karmine
Weird stuff
I AM VERY SMART
It's been a long time since I watched the video... it's interesting
Topic Starter
Ymir
Looking back, isn't matpat really just a schizophrenic?
The reach in his videos get crazy at times, though I'll admit they are pretty entertaining.
Reyalp51

-Remi wrote:

The reach in his videos get crazy at times, though I'll admit they are pretty entertaining.
You can't upload theories on your yt channel for like a decade and not get mentaly ill
Stomiks

-Remi wrote:

It is his livelihood, so I wouldn't blame him if he went insane making absolutely batshit theories.
I AM VERY SMART

-Remi wrote:

At least he entertains us all with his theories! I've always appreciated the dedication he puts into his videos
Topic Starter
Ymir

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

-Remi wrote:

At least he entertains us all with his theories! I've always appreciated the dedication he puts into his videos
Yeah, he's got a whole team behind it now.
Stomiks

-Remi wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

-Remi wrote:

Yeah, he's got a whole team behind it now.
Yep, he recently sold his company a few months ago. I'm not confident the quality will hold after his contract with the buyers to let him be CEO for a few years expires.
Reyalp51
does anyone here know about lisa the painful? great indie rpg

Stomiks

Reyalp51 wrote:

does anyone here know about lisa the painful? great indie rpg

That game is difficult man I couldn't even get pass the first act
KeikiEnjoyer
Rpgs are mid tbh

It's basically just math with mildly cool background and story.

Like actually, what do you mean, how is the "+99 beginners sword" More powerful than the "demon lord's 3rd astral blade". Everything is always based off of numbers and stuff, id rather do my homework than perfect my build
Polyspora
elder scrolls, witcher, FF and Fallout are the only one's I played, thus the only one's worth playing.
Karmine

NotRaffi wrote:

Rpgs are mid tbh

Like actually, what do you mean, how is the "+99 beginners sword" More powerful than the "demon lord's 3rd astral blade". Everything is always based off of numbers and stuff, id rather do my homework than perfect my build
Or you can just enjoy the game without trying to minmax, especially considering how useless it is in basically every game
Most RPGs are easy enough to be playable by people who do things the worst possible way because they just want to
Stomiks

Karmine wrote:

NotRaffi wrote:

Rpgs are mid tbh

Or you can just enjoy the game without trying to minmax, especially considering how useless it is in basically every game
Most RPGs are easy enough to be playable by people who do things the worst possible way because they just want to
Yeah games like the souls series give you a ton of ways to play the game. Wanna go hard mode and beat the boss with the worst gear? You're free to do so. Wanna strategize first and figure out the boss's patterns? Go ahead. And stuff like that.

It'll mostly depend on what RPG game you're playing, as there are many RPG games with creative mechanics that are far form the usually stats game.
KeikiEnjoyer
I've actually ranted about this already, im just gonna post screencaps

Karmine

NotRaffi wrote:

I've actually ranted about this already, im just gonna post screencaps

FF usually have that I think, the most powerful weapons require to kill a superboss that can sometimes oneshot you even if you're max lvl with some of the best gear