forum

[Archived] I deleted parts of my beatmap and it doesn't exist anymore! Please help me TT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Llenn_Shimizu
Problem details:
Please don't judge me! I deleted it, but I thought the files were deleted or empty files...
I right-clicked on Osu and went to "Open file path". Then I went to the folder "Songs" and searched for my song name. Then I opened the first folder and deleted both files (I think those are files with the mapping inside). After that I noticed in Osu that it could no longer find the map (but it was still visible and clickable). I clicked on it and Osu said something about "Restore all my beatmaps" or something. First I pressed no and then nothing changed. When I went back to it I clicked yes and it loaded through some beatmaps. Then my beatmap was just gone and it no longer exists in the game!
What I find strange is that the "H for hehe~" (Hard) map says "Thursday, 13th April 2023, 20:14:38" - because I created it way before that. With the "Little Gift~" (normal) version, I think that's the right date.
I have already tried to open the individual files with Osu, but I don't think that works. It only opens Osu and not Beatmap.
I really need help, because I have already put so much into this map! I should still have all the files tho. There should be none missing. Thank you so so so much! TT

Video or screenshot showing the problem: deleted

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Lyawi
have you saved these two .osu files somewhere on your pc before deleting them in the songs folder? then there's a good chance of getting your beatmap back.
Topic Starter
Llenn_Shimizu
I don't think so... At least I didn't copy it somewhere. But the fourth file in the first image looks like a copy? I don't know why it is there tho.
But I did restore them from the recycle bin. So I still have them, don't I? All images are from my current situation - like the last 2 images show the restored files. And they are not empty, soo.. o-o
Lyawi
ok, pass auf: du ziehst dir deine zwei .osu-dateien aus dem papierkorb zurück auf den desktop. dann erstellst du mit der exakt gleichen audio-datei eine neue beatmap. im editor gehst du oben links auf edit -> open song folder und ziehst deine zwei .osu-dateien in diesen ordner rein. im bestfall sollte dann alles wieder beim alten sein?
Topic Starter
Llenn_Shimizu
Es hat geklappt!! Omg, vielen Dank!!! TT Du bist meine letzte Rettung gewesen. Und ich dachte schon es geht nicht :<
Lyawi
yay \o/
mit der löschung von den .osu-dateien vorher hast du halt basically deine schwierigkeiten gelöscht. deshalb ist einfach alles kaputt gegangen XD

[resolved]
Topic Starter
Llenn_Shimizu
Ich weiß XD Habe ich gemerkt O-O