forum

[Archived] osu alt tabs for a split second after the first slider of a map appears

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EndMePlease
Problem details: Every time I alt tab out of osu and play any map, the first slider that appears is gonna make my game alt tab for a split second, which is very annoying, usually causing me to miss at the beginning.

1920x1080 Fullscreen

Video showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/JtjHTr6

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Death
What graphics card do you have? Does this still occur when using the default skin?
Topic Starter
EndMePlease

Death wrote:

What graphics card do you have? Does this still occur when using the default skin?
RX 580 4GB nitro+
Happens with every skin including default
LwL
I have this too, on an RX 6800. Has been happening for a few months, no clue why. I think it started with some driver update, so might be gpu driver related. Hasn't annoyed me enough to try rolling them back, but you could try getting some version from like mid-2022 and see if it works.
Death
What driver version are you both using? I suspect this is related to some other issues AMD graphics card users have been experiencing.
LwL
I'm on 23.3.1. I think this started when i updated to 22.11.1 in early january, but that doesn't really mean much since before that I was running on pretty old drivers.

It's probably also relevant that I have different refresh rates on my main monitor vs my other two (240 vs 60), which tends to cause issues with fullscreen applications on AMD cards.
Topic Starter
EndMePlease
I have the 23.4.1, which is the latest. But yeah it's been happening for a few months now..
Death
The issue I'm thinking of started way back in 22.5.1 I believe.

Can you try enabling "Compatibility mode" in game to see if that helps?
Topic Starter
EndMePlease
Compatibility mode seems to have fixed it.

Can this issue be reported to peppy? since this is a problem with AMD and players can't do anything about it except downgrade drivers.
Death
Fairly certain this is related to this: https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/1092

Though I could be wrong, in which case a new issue should be opened on that GitHub page.