forum

[invalid] Is there anyway to change my username for free?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Senruko
Hi. Well, a couple years ago, I joined Osu. That time I'm still kinda young. Younger me decided to pick this cringey username. I can not buy myself a Osu Supporter because I'm not old enough to make a credit card. Is there any way for me to change my username? I'm so sick of it. Thanks.
Ryu Sei
I'm sorry, but you can't change your username without buying supporter tag for free first change. I can imagine the frustration of looking at old username, though.

One way to get around the limitation of using credit card is to have another person gift the supporter tag to you. That way you still be entitled with first free username change.

If you can't, there are some events and giveaways that rewards supporter tag. You should try participating these events and try your luck.

Alternatively, try contacting accounts@ppy.sh for username change. This only applies if your username uses your legal name in portion.
I AM VERY SMART

Ryu Sei wrote:

I'm sorry, but you can't change your username without buying supporter tag for free first change. I can imagine the frustration of looking at old username, though.

One way to get around the limitation of using credit card is to have another person gift the supporter tag to you. That way you still be entitled with first free username change.

If you can't, there are some events and giveaways that rewards supporter tag. You should try participating these events and try your luck.

Alternatively, try contacting accounts@ppy.sh for username change. This only applies if your username uses your legal name in portion.
Wait I think your 1st username change is free, is it true?
Ryu Sei

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Wait I think you can change your 1st username change is free, is it true?
Yes! Your first username change is free so long as you have supporter tag, regardless buying it yourself or gifted.
Topic Starter
Senruko

Ryu Sei wrote:

But...Who will give me one? I got no friend that play Osu so sad.
spencer1404

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

FC a 3 star and I will give you one.
I AM VERY SMART

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

That would be very generous of you!
spencer1404

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Got to give people goals to play the game.
Stomiks

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

Try joining competitions like tournaments. A user named Voidedosu is currently doing a competition for supporter, and if you do your best enough, you can win a good amount. You might need to wait until this month is over so you can join in the next month.

There's also giveaways you can join, but it's actually been a long while since I seen some of those.
15C

Stomiks wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

Try joining competitions like tournaments. A user named Voidedosu is currently doing a competition for supporter, and if you do your best enough, you can win a good amount. You might need to wait until this month is over so you can join in the next month.

There's also giveaways you can join, but it's actually been a long while since I seen some of those.
but you need to SS every song in your bracket for 2 months suppoter.. lol
Stomiks

luminar wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

but you need to SS every song in your bracket for 2 months suppoter.. lol
Hey nobody told you getting supporter for free is easy
Topic Starter
Senruko

Stomiks wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

But I'm just a weak 7 digits...
Stomiks

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

But I'm just a weak 7 digits...
Really not much you can do unfortunately. I know some users that indiscriminitely gave out supporter but I wouldn't push their luck. You'll probably get supporter eventually if you're active in the community, but tbh your current username really isn't all that bad. I'd think about really considering changing it because after the first change, you'll have to pay for the rest.
Topic Starter
Senruko

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

OK!

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

On any osu mode? I'll try it on Osu Mania.

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

Thanks. I've try so much, but fc a 3* is way out of my range. This is my best, 151/152 combo. So close, yet so far. Thank you so much for your kindness but I think I'm not good enough.
Topic Starter
Senruko

spencer1404 wrote:

BRonseAtakozu wrote:

SPENCER!!!!! I DID IT!!!!! alright gimme that juicer. Thank you so much. (dms me Senruko#3296 so i can show u the image)