forum

Are you interested in playing a mafia forum game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
There exists a little known subforum for Mafia games that has been lacking attention lately. We have been trying to organize games for a while but there has not been enough interest to do so. I don't know whether there is a legitimate disinterest or whether it's because the subforum is hidden within such deep depths behind off-topic and forum games that it's cursed to be reachable only by the truly daring ones. Either way we are trying to kick off a new game and need people.
For those who are not familiar with mafia, it's basically Among Us forum style. There is town and mafia, and you chat trying to figure out who is who. But there are also key differences:

1. Unlike Among Us, there are different roles town and mafia people can have which give special abilities. You can read up on the types here, but the most common ones are: normal, cop, doctor, roleblocker, and vigilante. If you have a special role you would want to keep it secret from mafia.
  2. Both sides kill by casting a vote against someone, and if there is enough votes, the person is killed.
  3. There is a day-night cycle. Days typically last a 5 days, nights typically 2 days. During the day everyone talks and votes. During the night mafia choose who to kill. Yes, mafia can get a kill during the day and another one during the night if town screws up and votes to kill the wrong person.
  4. It is reasonable to expect the game to last up to a month, and you may need to contribute for that long depending on how soon you are killed.
There are various flavors of the game and themes which alter the rules in various ways. For this game we are going for a jungle theme where mafia cannot kill at night and there being warewolves. Details on this flavor can be found at this link. If you are interested, head over to

>> HERE <<
his everything
I appreciate this #AD

I've always enjoyed playing the werewolf game with my friends and this would be my first mafia game so why not give it a try!
heipizhu
Kind of happy to see someone is acually advertising this subforum. To be honest, I won't discover it if my hands wern't paining after a insane osu-session and decided to browse every subforums of the osu-forum for relaxing:)

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I appreciate this #AD

I've always enjoyed playing the werewolf game with my friends and this would be my first mafia game so why not give it a try!
Hi, it might be my first mafia game too!
his everything

heipizhu wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I appreciate this #AD

Hi, it might be my first mafia game too!
We are too :D
Stomiks

abraker wrote:

There exists a little known subforum for Mafia games that has been lacking attention lately. We have been trying to organize games for a while but there has not been enough interest to do so. I don't know whether there is a legitimate disinterest or whether it's because the subforum is hidden within such deep depths behind off-topic and forum games that it's cursed to be reachable only by the truly daring ones. Either way we are trying to kick off a new game and need people.
I'd love to join, but I honestly have a hard time trying to understand each game's mechanics and how many rules I need to keep track of, and I guess that's what it feels for other users.
heipizhu

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

I'd love to join, but I honestly have a hard time trying to understand each game's mechanics and how many rules I need to keep track of, and I guess that's what it feels for other users.
Just plays this game as a normal werewolf/amongus game, but as a forum form:)
his everything

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

Btw you also have to use discord to chat with others people if you are a mafia goon or a werewolf I think
Stomiks

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

hmmm

Nope sorry still don't have any idea how it works.
his everything
Awww
her everything
hmm i could give mafia a try
Topic Starter
abraker

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

Btw you also have to use discord to chat with others people if you are a mafia goon or a werewolf I think
traditional we use quicktop-

oh dear what has the world come to

15C

abraker wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

cri
heipizhu

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

I just asked Mcendu and she told me that discord is unnecessary :)
Stomiks

abraker wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

ngl that's the first time I've ever heard of that website
his everything

heipizhu wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

Oh alright alright
[ Sebastian ]
No
McEndu

heipizhu wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

Gotta clarify here, I am going to use Discord, other games may have other ways to private chat.

I am male btw
his everything

McEndu wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

heipizhu wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

abraker wrote:

Gotta clarify here, I am going to use Discord, other games may have other ways to private chat.

I am male btw
I see that
heipizhu
Oh no. Then I may porbably quit since I can't get access to discord all the time :(
Reyalp51
Im lazy
show more