forum

More custom colors

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Homestarrunner
Maybe you could add the amount of colors possible to 5 or higher? Or maybe having certent colors for certent sections, just like with timing
Cecilthemos
5 colors I agree with, but what's the point of different colors with different timing sections?
Topic Starter
Homestarrunner
idk, just an idea, lol
awp

Cecilthemos wrote:

5 colors I agree with, but what's the point of different colors with different timing sections?
This is up to the discretion and creativity of the beatmap creator, I think. At the moment I can't come up with any constructive uses for it, but I'm sure there are people out there who can.
Topic Starter
Homestarrunner
i was sorta thinking the colors of the galaxy angels colors in my galaxy angel bpms when I made this topic >.> and theres 5 of them, thats a reason y I would want 5 colors, purple, red, greed, blue, and pink
Rolled
I personally like 4 colors, so I think any more than that should be an option to the creator. Maybe people could get creative with an unlimited amount of colors?
Topic Starter
Homestarrunner
omg, i'm sure someone would make a map with no same colors, just to piss of the reviewers/people who play the map..... lol
Sinistro

Cecilthemos wrote:

Maybe in cases where a change in timing corresponds to a shift in the tone/mood of the song, a change of colour schemes could help punctuate the difference with a visual cue. It's a bit like how one can assign different sample sets (Normal and Soft) to different timing sections of a song, I think.
LuigiHann
I don't like the idea of 5+ colors, just because that'd (in my mind) throw off some of the consistency between songs and skins, or something...
I do like the idea of setting different 4-color sets for different timing sections. As Sinistro said, it would be cool to see colors flow with the mood of the song.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Oh come on, peppy darling, how bad can it be?
Slezak
Hey! It could go good with the background color change recently added!
I can see it now. Pumping, intense sections with hot colorsets and a red background, then SUDDENLY the song cools down into a half-time ambient-style mood, the background changes to purple, and there are cooler colors. That'd be AWESOME! Hey! That's another good idea! Add the ability to change the background color at the start of a new timing section! Even though, I'm sure soon enough we'll be able to change the background color freely in the editor anyway... So, yeah.