forum

mindblock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwt
i have not completed and osu! map since early 2020

i can not finish a map no matter how hard i try i always spend hours trying to perfect my map with perfect flow, spacing, and overall trying to represent the music as best as possible.

when i spoke to some BNs about my almost finished maps (this was back in 2021) they said they would be down to push it towards ranked but i was never able to finish my maps.

how do i fix this
sayucat_
try turning off your brain for once

no joke, if you overthink on how to make perfect flow, spacing and stuffs it's gonna overwhelm you really easily
I AM VERY SMART
It's an endless circle

You think this song is cool ➡ You decide to map it ➡ You try to make the map as clean as possible ➡ It takes too much time ➡ You give up hoping to get back to it ➡ Repeat 🔄
MrMcMikey22
He must have run out of visual spacing ideas. O_O
Ok I was just joking, but that also happened to me in some cases, mostly when I try wayyyy too hard to put in these sv's and like it looked like they were too many of em' too. (I either use distance snap or grid snap, but I always try to snap at a consistent distance, only using jumps when there are important beatsounds.)
I AM VERY SMART
We are all the same in the end lol
Ocaure
Maybe if you put rewards behind your goal, you might be able to force yourself to complete the map. For example, you can set the reward as your meals and sleep, and if you dont reach your goal, you dont eat or sleep.
Thimoz

Ocaure wrote:

Maybe if you put rewards behind your goal, you might be able to force yourself to complete the map. For example, you can set the reward as your meals and sleep, and if you dont reach your goal, you dont eat or sleep.
Kind of dumb to make mapping decide if you can eat and sleep lol
Lp9
worrying about every single little detail when mapping is pointless, you wont get anything done, and the map probably wont be all that amazing as it seems in your head at the end, so just finish something

Also it's best to just pick one (1) song, and not work on 10 other maps at once, that way you will most likely finish the map
Topic Starter
qwt

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

He must have run out of visual spacing ideas. O_O
Ok I was just joking, but that also happened to me in some cases, mostly when I try wayyyy too hard to put in these sv's and like it looked like they were too many of em' too. (I either use distance snap or grid snap, but I always try to snap at a consistent distance, only using jumps when there are important beatsounds.)
same with me bro
we must map very similar
I AM VERY SMART

Thimoz wrote:

Ocaure wrote:

Kind of dumb to make mapping decide if you can eat and sleep lol
For some it may be a good idea XD
Randomness64
I used to be like you,taking weeks to finish one map,then i tried ''not thinking about it,mapping what i vibe into''
and it worked like magic.

Also look for this year ranked pool,that should give you plenty of motivation to map faster.