forum

I don't even know if that's the right section, but MOUSES.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Black Abyss
Hi, as I stated up there ^there^ I was looking for the right section for 20 minutes before I decided to post this time, probably bad section again.

So I want to get a new mouse and I don't know what would be quite good for osu!
I'm thinking about 3 mouses:
The Razer Deathadder,
The Logitech G400,
The Logitech G400s.

I don't know what the difference between g400 and g400s is other than the laser and skin on it, and some people recommend the deathadder.
What mouse do you guys/gals recommend? I'm using a A4tech X7 mouse right now, but it's laser went batshit and I kinda can't use it anymore.
Any help would be great :)
Ps - tell me where to post things like this if that's the wrong place ._.
iSpR1Te
I'd recommend the Razer deathadder 2013 version. I've had it for about 6 months and 0 issues so far. Also, it feels really good to grip with your hand.

TakuMii
The G400/G400s have the same sensor, and neither of them are laser... the difference between them as far as I know is just the sweat-resistant coating and the reinforced wire that the G400s has.
That being said, all 3 of the mice you mentioned are among the most accurate mice (although I personally had negative acceleration problems with the older DeathAdder, so I'd think you'd be better off going for the 2013 version or the Logitech mice).
AmaiHachimitsu
All those mice have great sensor, but are bigger than WMO (my mouse) and might be hard to do high bpm jumps. But their precision is top-class.

As for G400s, Gokuri approves.

WMO is better anyway lol
theburgerhd

iSpR1Te wrote:

I'd recommend the Razer deathadder 2013 version. I've had it for about 6 months and 0 issues so far. Also, it feels really good to grip with your hand.

Lol I have the razer mamba and it works perfectly.. so not really "shit tier"
NoYzE
I'm playing with a DELL office Mouse xD
But i was thinking about buying a new one too.
I have had a razer copperhead some years ago, but the right mouse button was doing double-clicks after a while if you only pressed once, very annoying.
I've heard some things about the same problem still with new Razer mice because of cheap switches, so I'm skeptical about buying razer again^^
After some Test-Reviews my favorite so far is the G400s.
Laser is not necessarily better than Optical, only different.
Many Pro-Gamers even prefer optical, because it has smoother movements.
However, I'm still sorting out, if i prefer the G400s or the G500s^^
TakuMii

theburgerhd wrote:

Lol I have the razer mamba and it works perfectly.. so not really "shit tier"
Shit tier has nothing to do with if it works or not. It has flaws that prevent it from being anywhere near as accurate as the mice higher up on the list (such as acceleration, angle-snapping, low perfect control speed, etc. Stuff that most people wouldn't notice unless they actually used a better mouse for a while), so they're to be avoided for anyone looking for an accurate mouse.
Soarezi
Then again, none of these mouses are the same as my mouse.

It really feels like in the end it's your actual skill what matters. Of course some 5€ microsoft crap from your school might suck, but still.

disregard what i said about amaihachimitsu
Naikaze

Soarezi wrote:

Then again, none of these mouses are the same as my mouse.

It really feels like in the end it's your actual skill what matters. Of course some 5€ microsoft crap from your school might suck, but still.

disregard what i said about amaihachimitsu
This.

Doomsday used to use a crappy mouse, right?
Topic Starter
Black Abyss
I never knew that there exists something like this list with mouse tiers. Now I want a LogiZer 400sAdder.
I think I should get a G400s though, the price is the same and it seems kinda bigger than the deathadder...
Dunno if that's good or bad though :I
Someone in the top list using Deathadder or only Gokuri with G400s?
AmaiHachimitsu
From the top mousers I know only Doomsday who uses Razer (probably DA 2013) and Gokuri's G400S from the list's god tier.

Doomsday used to use a crappy mouse, right?
You don't need to have a god-tier mouse to be very good. But why staying very good instead of becoming epic? Doomsday wasn't playing for a long time, came back with new mouse and seems to be far better than ever.

It really feels like in the end it's your actual skill what matters
It's skill that makes you good. But it's your device that MIGHT limit your skill. This is basically the thing behind mice and keyboards for gaming. I wouldn't totally suck with dome keyboard and some shitmouse for I've been using them in my early career and it seemed ok. When I FC'd Sticks and Stones with an Logitech LX3 after 6 months of playing I thought my mouse is perfect. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO WRONG.

If you don't have skill - practice
If you think you are skilled but you lack precision a lil bit - you can try looking for better device. Just be sure it's not your fault. And when choosing a mouse, the shape is crucial.
theburgerhd

ZzzBlackLight wrote:

I never knew that there exists something like this list with mouse tiers. Now I want a LogiZer 400sAdder.
I think I should get a G400s though, the price is the same and it seems kinda bigger than the deathadder...
Dunno if that's good or bad though :I
Someone in the top list using Deathadder or only Gokuri with G400s?
A friend of me is using deathadder and he really likes it, so I think it's good for it's price
Lach
http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/ this with a deathadder sensor would have to be the greatest mouse.
WolfCoder
I actually specifically buy simple travel mice (usually Logitech) for all gaming purposes (not just osu!). I hold it using the claw method and most of my palm isn't even touching the mice.

It's cheap enough for you to try out, but don't be surprised if you just feel silly the entire time using it for your desktop machine.

Don't forget the pattern/mousepad your mouse is on is very very important. Specific patterns can knock the cursor around slightly, even with good sensors. Between medium mice, gaming mice, and travel mice, it seems travel mice 'wobble' less on surface patterns.
RaneFire

WolfCoder wrote:

I actually specifically buy simple travel mice (usually Logitech) for all gaming purposes (not just osu!). I hold it using the claw method and most of my palm isn't even touching the mice.

It's cheap enough for you to try out, but don't be surprised if you just feel silly the entire time using it for your desktop machine.

Don't forget the pattern/mousepad your mouse is on is very very important. Specific patterns can knock the cursor around slightly, even with good sensors. Between medium mice, gaming mice, and travel mice, it seems travel mice 'wobble' less on surface patterns.
Logitech stick angle-snapping on all their "travel mice" and anything lesser than a "gaming" mouse. It's a negative, but that doesn't mean you can't get used to it. You just don't have to if it's not there in the first place, which is why it's preferred to not have it.

Playing on something with stylish patterns is actually a bit silly... of course it will interfere with tracking, get a black pad instead. This is why they try to sell lasers, all because of surface versatility, which isn't really an issue for those who can spare a few bucks for a good mouse pad. Cursor getting "knocked around" can also be a result of angle-snapping. Everything within 3 degrees gets forced into a straight line, and what's why they feel less "wobbly" but can also interfere with curves that intersect horizontal/vertical axis at some point - it's all fake. The only real way to tell if it is your hand, or some hardware acceleration, is to get one without it.
WolfCoder
This mouse doesn't seem to snap to angles like you described, it's actually surprisingly fluid especially on a shiny surface (it's a specular optical mouse as opposed to a standard one). I know that angle snap feeling, I once had a crappy Microsoft mouse that would do that.

If I wanted to get back into playing Osu! with a mouse I would get a really, really heavy one for the inertia. When I said I also used the same tiny mice to play Osu! it was because that's just what I had and it was comfortable, but that was years ago.
Topic Starter
Black Abyss
Hi all ~
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I don't want to make a new one just to tell something. For those people who wonder if it's a good idea to change their gear:
I got myself the G400s yesterday. I played for 3 hours. After those 3 hours of training I got my 2k combo achievement. Something I couldn't do on my old mouse because it's accuracy was making an idiot out of me. It's a bit bigger than I suspected and the right side of the mouse isn't as comfy as I'd like it to be, but it's 10 times better than my old mouse, I had an X7 mouse which many people use. I'm hppy as hell <:3
Thanks everyone for helping me once again.