forum

Mono osu! progress

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
billy96
Hi there, i really want to know the progress of the new "branch" of osu!, the one that's compiled under Mono. It's only mentioned once in his blog post and there's a few comments about it.

I've been playing osu! in OpenGL lately, since it's the only way i can actually play it, because DirectX performance is disappointing. When i read his post about a better version of osu! in OpenGL, i can't help but being happy. Also, what do you guys think about this "new" osu!?
Avail_old_1
Install playonlinux, there's a testing package made by boat for it and it works quite well (I'm on Arch, boat has it working on Mint)
Topic Starter
billy96

Avail wrote:

Install playonlinux, there's a testing package made by boat for it and it works quite well (I'm on Arch, boat has it working on Mint)
Eh, i don't have a Linux around here. I really wanna know the windows version.
- Marco -

billy96 wrote:

Avail wrote:

Eh, i don't have a Linux around here. I really wanna know the windows version.
sorry to ask, but why?
Topic Starter
billy96

marcostudios wrote:

sorry to ask, but why?
Well, because there isn't any news about this "better" version, even though peppy says it exist, my osu!'s performance is dropping and some people are eager to play osu! on a different OS.
Espionage724
I'm wondering about this progress as well. I have no problem getting osu! to run in Wine, but getting it to run ideally between my laptop and desktop in regards to other things I don't believe is even possible currently. I either use open-source graphics drivers to get osu! running "alright" and everything else meh, or use fglrx and have osu! lock up and everything else work fine.
Ephemeral
playing osu! in mono on windows is.. pointless. completely pointless. it's a compatibility platform for allowing .NET programs to run on/be developed for non-windows systems. you can use ogl from the standard osu! installation to the same effect with less overhead.